Forums Latest Members

Introduction, And A Little Help Please!

1. goose383 Nov 17, 2012

Evening all, I'm new to the forum, my name is Steve, and I have recently decided now is the time to buy a nice vintage watch, (which I have - will post pics tomorrow, it a 1966 18k gold constellation) but.... Whilst in the jewellers buying my lovely constellation I got offered a Seamaster professional 300 for what I considered to be a very good price... So I came out with TWO watches,,, the thing is I haven't read much on the seamasters and looking on the database, and around the web I can't seem to find another matching model, I have the warranty card but the numbers on it don't make sense to me!

Can any of you knowledgeable folks tell me the model number and year of the watch from the photo below?
    The warranty card says 1994, so I've looked on Omegas history site and think its close to a 2532.80.00 but the one I have is the mid-size not full size (do mid-size and full size share the same numbers?)

image.jpg

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2012

The warranty card says more then the date, the model number is listed there as well.

3. goose383 Nov 17, 2012

The warranty card has the following on it:

Ref. KC520M0012
    Watch no. 22/005729
    Date 6.8.94

Jewellers name
    Watches of Switzerland

When I searched for the watch no. I couldn't find anything?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2012

That's a bit odd, it /looks/ like a mid-sized Seamaster, the smaller version, with the stainless steel polished bezel. Its not an overly expensive watch, they're usually under $800 in good condition, but the condition of that one isn't all that good to be honest.

How's your constellation?

5. goose383 Dec 5, 2012

Apologies for the long silence, been busy at work recently, I have been trying to take some decent pics of my Constellation but as yet I haven't managed to.... the joys of going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark, haven't had chance to take some pics in daylight!

heres the best pic I can manage at the moment:

66 gold.jpg

I'm pleased with the Seamaster as a daily work watch but it's not got a special place as a keeper.. plan to keep it until something pops up I really like.
    (It looks in much better condition than my poor quality photo shows)

Since my first post I have acquired another vintage Constellation, but that's a whole new story I will start a new thread for the questions I have on that!