Forums Latest Members
  1. olongapo2 Nov 30, 2018

My name is Bob. American, retired military and living in the Philippines. I'm a new member to this site and want to introduce myself.

I've always admired timepieces. My current collection is small and would not be considered impressive by advanced collectors. I have a few pieces from brands such as Tudor, Steinhart, Laco, an older Hamilton, a lonely Sub, and an inexpensive INOX which I admire for its indestructibility. I've never purchased a watch for any investment purpose but rather because I simply like the watch and I wear all my timepieces.

Recently I picked up my first Omega. A Seamaster Diver 300, Blue (Non-Wave) dial which I believe was discontinued in 2017. My local AD was able to obtain stock from an AD in Europe and offered me the watch cheaper than advertised prices on gray market sites in the U.S. I'm more than pleased with my purchase and have become an admirer of the brand.

While at the AD I was able to inspect the Planet Ocean 44mm. The moment I touched the watch I knew it would be my next purchase so I'm researching and reading everything I can find on the brand and the model. Actually there are 3 Omega models that have captured my attention so I hope you guys don't mind if in the near future I ask questions.

ChrisN, superfly, CTS-V and 1 other person like this.
  2. sah Nov 30, 2018

Welcome Bob. You and I share the same Omega if it is the blue SMPc. Excellent choice. You need to post a pic. I will show you mine if you show me yours. SM.jpg

superfly likes this.
  3. olongapo2 Nov 30, 2018

Yes, Exactly. In my opinion the wave pattern dial diminishes the elegance of the watch.

IMG_5824.jpg IMG_5826.jpg
  4. verithingeoff Dec 1, 2018

My goto watch, I agree that the waves take something away from the watch[​IMG]
    IMG_0758.JPG

sah likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 1, 2018

Welcome Bob.

Ex-Navy at all?

I remember Subic and Olongapo from the mid 1960s. Pretty wild place hey :D.

The pic of your Seamaster is a good start, let's see some others!

6. olongapo2 Dec 1, 2018

Yes, Retired Navy, and living in the Olongapo Area. It's not the same city as you remember from the 60's.

Edited Dec 1, 2018
    kkt and CTS-V like this.
  7. CTS-V Dec 1, 2018

Welcome and thank you for your service!

8. Waltesefalcon Dec 4, 2018

Welcome aboard, that's a nice Omega to start with.