Forums Latest Members

Interview questions needed when visiting a watchmaker

1. Flingit1200s Feb 21, 2015

Gentlemen,

I have been in search of an actual watchmaker here in Wichita KS USA. My plan is to stop in and visit a couple in person. What are the questions I should ask him or her to find out if they are competent?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 21, 2015

I don't think an impromptu job interview will help you in that, I'd just ask around and find out who people use in your area and who they like.

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 21, 2015

Do you have an Omega Parts Account?

4. Flingit1200s Feb 21, 2015

Fair enough. Thanks!

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Feb 21, 2015

Well if your going to be formal about it he should start by applying for the interview either by letter or email. You in turn should give him a mutually suitable time and date for the proposed interview. He in turn should make available on the day his full CV and at least three hand written references from his former employers. His academic achievements should also be present for your perusal. When the formalities are over check out his personal life with questions on his marital status and if he has any dependencies on drink or drugs or even gambling. Next you should make him take a written test with a healthy dose of arithmetic and a quick eye test (you can't be too careful) if he passes all your stringent tests and interview you can then and only then give him his first job.
    A battery change on a Casio.
    Good luck mate[emoji1]

OmegaRookie likes this.
  6. Flingit1200s Feb 21, 2015

I'm not sure I have a Casio.........would an LED Texas Instrument be a good alternative?

OmegaRookie likes this.