Forums Latest Members
  1. Gordon Heavyfoot Dec 13, 2016

Hello everyone. I asked some questions the other day about a watch I had bought and one was about the case, which was made by the Star Watch Case Company. The general opinion was that it was probably original to the watch. I was just perusing Ebay and came upon this interesting watch, also in a SWCC case. The dial looks to be original to me (opinions?) and the movement looks very clean (though looks like it's missing one of the screws that holds the movement in the case). The case looks a tad rough but for that price could be a nice beater. Not interested myself. (I do not know the seller, just thought it a nice watch). Is this watch particularly small or around that 33-34mm average for that time? Cheers.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Honeycomb-Dial-Vintage-1950s-Fancy-Lugs-/262674414345?nav=SEARCHPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Just noticed, listing said 26.5mm. Ladies watch?

2. Canuck Dec 13, 2016

The movement diameter is 26.5 mm. Smallish, but not a ladie's watch. The case is likely about 33 to 34 mm in diameter. If you buy it, you should plan on having it serviced. Watches aren't usually cleaned because there are clods of dirt in them. You don't see congealed lubricant and worn or broken parts until the movement is in pieces.