Forums Latest Members
  1. Traveler Jul 6, 2015

Giff2577, vadimo and Mad Dog like this.
  2. vadimo Jul 6, 2015

good read, thanks

I have new watch the seamaster 2500, 300m but something to consider; do you want to push away the servicing to the limit or do it on regular intervals. Personally i would love the feeling of have to get out high mileage as to speak from the watch and then receiving like new polished version to start again. I was told really servicing should be done every 3 years and also as soon as it starts to loose time.

3. lenny Jul 6, 2015

Seems like an advertorial to me.

4. Traveler Jul 6, 2015

May be - I often like reading the comments more anyway - I'm fascinated by the weird stance and justification on 'deliberately' trashing the hands - seems very odd for a qualified WIS

5. lenny Jul 6, 2015

Yes, as do his comments about the dial (but not the hands!) representing the past. Seems odd for a website purporting to specialize in high end (vintage) watches.

Archer likes this.
  6. Traveler Jul 6, 2015

Agreed - it's almost like he forgot about the hands, got called out on it, then made up a bunch of mumbo jumbo .... Whatever - It's his watch ... But he says he wears that every day ? A 1985 speedy ? I love speedys as much as anyone ( well not as much as @Barking mad or @Spacefruit ) but seems odd for the Editor of Hodinkee or whatever he is ...

7. lenny Jul 6, 2015

Hey, they have sponsors. I understand.
    That's why I like to get my vintage watch fill on this forum - sponsor free. For a bigger laugh, try reading some of the posts on the iwc.com forum.