Forums Latest Members

Interesting Jaeger-LeCoultre Video...

1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 25, 2014

PatrickJ, pcdubc, Trev and 1 other person like this.
  2. NT931 Apr 25, 2014

Utterly cool video, thanks! I could only identify the Reverso and the Atmos. Looking at it from 2014, the cigarette lighter clock seems like such a weird idea but I'm sure it made sense to someone somewhere back then.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 25, 2014

Loved it. I haven't seen that pocket-watch either. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

citizenrich likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 26, 2014

Nothing to do with the original post, but Rich hijacked it with Aussie Rules content, so on we go.

I attended the game on ANZAC Day at the MCG, unfortunately my team was runner-up (never losers:D).

I stood for the Last Post, in a stadium packed with almost 100,000 people, all totally silent for a whole minute, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Here's a bit of an idea what it's like.

Some may think it a bit irreverent to play football on such a day of memory and commemoration.

But our Diggers, who gave all, would look down with envy I'm sure, as they remembered playing cricket on the beach at Gallipoli or on the airfields of England.

They'd grimace at the memory of hard fought games of Rugby (of both codes) on the sands of Tunisia and Syria.

All Aussie Rules boys would smile as they remembered matches played in smaller less pleasant venues than the 'G, like the mud of France and Belgium, the frozen parade grounds in Korea, the red dirt of Vietnam, the dusty desert ovals in Iraq and the hard stony ground of Afghanistan.

And probably more to come.

Lest We Forget.

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 26, 2014

It's what used to be refereed to as a "standard English" accent - essentially the Home Counties which are the counties surrounding London but without their regional peculiarities. Once you go north of the home counties, the vowel pronunciation changes. So the word glass is pronounced "gl-arse" in the south and "gl-ass" in the North.

Yorkshire is reet oop north and Leicestershire is in the north midlands.

If you work on civilisation ending once you go outside of the M25 (London's orbital motorway) you can't go far wrong. ::popcorn::

marco likes this.
  6. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Apr 26, 2014

Pretty soon it will only be Russians that are civilised then.

7. Jacquot Jan 31, 2015

A little late to this thread, and that video was really interesting. There was a lady's Duoplan there. We have a nice family example of that one, and a man's also. Amazing movement.

8. PatrickJ Apr 7, 2015