Interesting Ad action affecting Forum typing

I only notice this here at OF so I think it's unique to the site.
While typing comments, every so often something refreshes the screen and takes focus away from the dialogue box and puts it into 'null' so I'm just typing into the ether. I think it's one of the ads refreshing. I've tried to catch which one, whether the top banner, or the side video player, but I haven't been able to catch which one it is. I have a feeling it's something with the top banner.

I am using a Mac and Safari on desktop, so this might be something that's limited to that setup. Not sure if you'e received any other reports about this. At first, I thought it might have been the auto-save feature, as I always seemed to notice it about 1 second before the little icon popped up in the lower right of the box. However, I think I've ruled that out.

Today it is occurring much less frequently than it was last evening, where it was terrible around 11pm or so and was preventing normal interaction with the website. I realize there are different ads playing throughout the day which could make tracing this difficult, but wanted to put it on your radar in case you get another report.

Cheers,
PP

While typing comments, every so often something refreshes the screen and takes focus away from the dialogue box and puts it into 'null' so I'm just typing into the ether. I think it's one of the ads refreshing. I've tried to catch which one, whether the top banner, or the side video player, but I haven't been able to catch which one it is. I have a feeling it's something with the top banner.

I am using a Mac and Safari on desktop, so this might be something that's limited to that setup. Not sure if you'e received any other reports about this. At first, I thought it might have been the auto-save feature, as I always seemed to notice it about 1 second before the little icon popped up in the lower right of the box. However, I think I've ruled that out.

Today it is occurring much less frequently than it was last evening, where it was terrible around 11pm or so and was preventing normal interaction with the website. I realize there are different ads playing throughout the day which could make tracing this difficult, but wanted to put it on your radar in case you get another report.

Cheers,
PP
Become a contributor and your problems will vanish!

We’re probably not going to look into this as we’re close enough to the new version of the site that we will likely have that out sooner, if it occurs on the new site we will look into it and sort it out though. We might be doing the big upgrade next week.

We’re probably not going to look into this as we’re close enough to the new version of the site that we will likely have that out sooner, if it occurs on the new site we will look into it and sort it out though. We might be doing the big upgrade next week.

Exiting, cant wait

Exiting, cant wait
Well, I did hear mention that they will put all the Speedmaster freaks in their own corner so it won’t clutter up the convo’s so much- so I can understand why you will be exiting. You will be missed 😉

Maybe we will finally get a Snorkel sub-forum….a boy can dream.

Oooohhhhh.... consider my breath bated...

Well, I did hear mention that they will put all the Speedmaster freaks in their own corner so it won’t clutter up the convo’s so much- so I can understand why you will be exiting. You will be missed 😉

Maybe we will finally get a Snorkel sub-forum….a boy can dream.
Exiting as we speak. 😜

Exiting as we speak. 😜
Reading this on the toilet is called “evacuating”. Exiting is a totally different function 😗

Cheers,
PP
Same thing happens in watchuseek, I wonder if it's a byproduct of the base software. Not sure they are the same, but they look similar.