Forums Latest Members
  1. onehotchili Apr 2, 2014

Hello,
    I recently stumbled across this forum while researching and trying to learn about the steel Omega Seamaster 168.022 with the 564 calibre movement. I have a few questions as I am not too knowledgeable about vintage Omegas. This is a picture I found from yorktime.com...

seamaster564.jpg

1) How rare is this watch and what is a fair range to expect to pay for one in decent shape?
    2) Are there reputable dealers or folks that can help me find one?

I am in no rush and literally just started my search. I am just curious if this particular search would blow my budget and/or take a lot of patience. :)

Thx

fskywalker likes this.
  2. dan7800 Apr 2, 2014

I am sure there are people here much more knowledgeable than me, but here are some thoughts.

- I'd think that $400-$600 would be a good range to pay
    - These old seamasters are great, but not that desirable.
    - Look on the "for sale" thread, I think a seamaster cosmic just came up. I have one, very good watch for the money.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 2, 2014

I beg to disagree - I think the day date and date only seamaster chronometers are great watches. Price range for a nice original one is $800-1000 IMO. They are definitely not your regular seamasters and the cal. 564 version is much more uncommon than the similar cal. 564 constellation (though I admit the constellation is more sought after). I would add that the date only version of this watch is actually less common than the day-date version. Of course the 18k gold version of the day date is known as the golden seamaster.

There are a few versions of this watch around in different metals (steel, gold cap and 18k) including a japanese market version with cal. 1011.

I accumulate these watches - both the day date and the date only chronometers and they are my favorite vintage omegas to wear. Here is an pretty uncommon date only rose gold cap version:

[​IMG]

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Apr 2, 2014

Totally agree.

Generally, any vintage Seamaster with a chronometer movement post-1952 is going to be less common than the Constellation. And the models above are quite uncommon compared with other chronometer Seamasters, making them a favourite amongst Omega collectors.

As Mike said, these pieces are lovely to wear. Another chunkier, but more controversial model because of its design, Seamaster chronometer of the time is the 168.050, and if you see an all-original and sharp example don't wait around too long because you'll be trampled under the feet of others eager to acquire it.

Mike mentioned the Golden Seamaster 168.023. Here's what I believe is the most uncommon version of this uncommon model. Its a great watch to wear.

Cheers

Desmond

[​IMG]

5. dan7800 Apr 2, 2014

I stand corrected. Go with what the people below me said.

6. ainterian Apr 3, 2014

Looks like there's a nice 168.050 going on ebay for a reasonable price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400685052623?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edit: went from $560 to $921 in the last 5 seconds!!!

Dablitzer likes this.
  7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 3, 2014

fskywalker and ainterian like this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 3, 2014

NVWC and fskywalker like this.
  9. Dablitzer Apr 4, 2014

......:whistling:

ainterian likes this.
  10. John R Smith Apr 4, 2014

Can we expect an "incoming" soon then, Alex? ;)

fskywalker, Dablitzer and ainterian like this.
  11. ainterian Apr 4, 2014

fskywalker likes this.
  12. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Apr 4, 2014

Watch looks correct but heavily polished. Dial has some aging. Looks like crown is replaced and the stem is bent. Something also looks funny with the crystal tension ring.

ainterian likes this.
  13. ainterian Apr 4, 2014

Yeah, I didn't get good vibes from this one. Although I do have regrets about posting the 168.050 on here before the auction ended :rolleyes:

The fact that I just won a seiko black monster (i know) on the bay prevented me from bidding too high on either one.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase of watch collecting (i.e. a new watch coming in every other week). So far I have been able to convince my wife that they are "investments"... anyone know how long that argument flies for?

fskywalker likes this.
  14. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Apr 4, 2014

Two more weeks before the divorce papers arrive!

Find some way to ensure they're not joint property, perhaps offer your firstborn as a trade off.

KingCrouchy and fskywalker like this.
  15. Dablitzer Apr 4, 2014

Kringkily and ainterian like this.
  16. Dablitzer Apr 4, 2014

Yes :D It's a sharp example and this will sit well next to my other 70's 751 chronometer. I think these will be sought after by the next generation.

And getting more appreciation, if not, controversially atm as Desmond pointed out.

17. ainterian Apr 4, 2014

Yes, it is. :)

I am the next generation, so DIBS!!!

fskywalker likes this.
  18. Dablitzer Apr 4, 2014

Good call my friend. It's noted! :)

Edit: really need to update my list!

ainterian likes this.
  19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 4, 2014

That would be loooong list.
    ps: I think my name must be in some of the list

Dablitzer likes this.