Forums Latest Members
  1. Gilbo79 Jun 18, 2018

After many years of thinking I had mis-placed my mothers watch I have found it. I joined the forum to try and find more info but so far apart from now being able to find the right numbers I am still none the wiser. I've gone to my local Omega dealer and they say they need to send it away....concerned about that. So, I now have the following markings on the movement, 650 and 21972251, the strap is hallmarked and also has DS&S stamped on it, see the photos. It works and seems to keep good time. Should I send it for a service, is it worth it?

IMG_6545.jpg IMG_6544.jpg IMG_6543.jpg
  2. pmontoyap Jun 18, 2018

Hi, my recommendation is stay away from Omega AD with this piece. Its going to cost you an arm and a a leg. A simple cleaning by a local, skilled watchmaker is enough, and I would do that only if you plan to pass it on as a family heirloom and know it might get use. If you are just going to store it, keep it as-is in a safe place.

Value will depend on the material of the watch, if its gold filled there is no value unfortunately, for a ladies gold watch anywhere from 500-800 is what ive seen them go for.

Good luck

Jerseyhammer and connieseamaster like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 18, 2018

Good local watchmaker can service this for a couple hundred. If that.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jun 20, 2018

If nobody is going to wear it then you could just leave it. I keep my Dad's old Tissot for sentimental reasons but I haven't had it serviced as I'm never going to wear it.

5. Gilbo79 Jun 25, 2018

Thank you to you all. I will keep it safe

6. Jerseyhammer Jun 25, 2018

Totally agree AD will rip you off

7. Seaman Jun 25, 2018

Keep it for sentimental reasons..vintage lady watches are not so valuable.

8. Folgono Jul 1, 2018

Sorry for being off-topic, but @Seaman could you send me a PM ? I'm pretty interested in one of your FS watch, but it seems you didn't activated the PM option.