Forums Latest Members
  1. Karlos106 Sep 15, 2020

Hi there. I have seen a watch for sale and would like to contact the seller. Unfortunately I can not reply due to 'insufficient permissions'. Have tried messaging the forum administrators but to no avail. Can anyone help me please?

2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Sep 15, 2020

Private message the seller.

Click on their name > click send message > title the message with the watch they are selling > inquire/express interest, and you're good to go.

3. Karlos106 Sep 15, 2020

Ah right. Thanks for the guidance here - much appreciated.

4. ed123 Sep 16, 2020

I thought we weren't able to participate until we had hit 200 posts?

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong because I'm in the same boat as Karlos106

JohnWoo likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 16, 2020

You can buy with 0 posts and many have. Many have joined to buy a watch and stuck around. Many have bought a few within their first 100 posts.

As said PM and start a chat with the seller. Don't forget that seller will be a bit weary as you have low posts.
    200 post rule doesn't mean anything it just gives you a bit of background to see what seller buyer are like.
    200 post is to stop the hit and run and scammers.

ed123 likes this.
  6. ed123 Sep 22, 2020

Oh got it. That makes a whole lot of sense. I just didn't want to comment farm (post farm?) .. needlessly fill the void just for the sake of it. I'm so new to the game that I doubt I would have anything meaningful to contribute.

Thank you for your response!

7. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Sep 22, 2020

That’s how I felt when I first joined but there are threads on cameras, pizzas, pens, sound systems, jokes, wrist shots of the watch you are currently wearing, what you are currently listening to, pets, and so many more. You don’t have to participate only on watches. If you find an area on this forum that you enjoy (outside of watches) have fun.

JohnWoo and JwRosenthal like this.
  8. ed123 Sep 22, 2020

Good to know! I have an approximate knowledge on many things, none watch related. I'll go exploring other threads and continue to learn via osmosis (i.e today I picked up that a 602 calibre movement is reliable!).

9. JwRosenthal Sep 22, 2020

The Classified's here are very safe shopping, its Mod vetted and member monitored so nothing shady gets through. You can also pick up straps and bracelets and other accessories in there as well.
    The only rule on the forums is that modern Invicta (not vintage Invicta which were actually decent watches) are relegated to the "Tell me a Joke" thread. ;)
    Welcome to the forum.

ed123, YY77 and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  10. ed123 Sep 28, 2020

hahaha oh boy, I feel like the day I get this is the day I graduate from newbie status.