Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 2, 2012

Hi
    Ive got a couple of questions about My newly arrived 2582 (see http://omegaforums.net/threads/my-september-arrival.1896/ )

- it is a screw in caseback, which I can take off with my hand. Should it be that easy?
    - there is no o-ring/gasket. Should there be one? Is it easy to self-install? How do I work out which gasket i need? Where can I order them? Ofrei wasn't particularly helpful.
    - when I handwind it (I don't have a watch winder at the moment) the sound is much higher pitched than any of my other watches?
    Thanks
    Daniel

2. smithrjd Oct 2, 2012

You should not be able to loosen the case back by hand. It could have a gasket or oring, depends on the model and case. I do not know enough to be able to tell. No sure about the higher pitch sound, when it winds or when it is running. Alway a very good idea (do not ruin the movement) to have the watch serviced. Especially if you do not know the history. Old saying, you can pay now or pay more later.

3. ulackfocus Oct 2, 2012

Different watches will feel and sound different when winding them. No worries there.

You probably should have a gasket. Take it to a watchmaker because he'll fit the correct one and install it with some silicon grease to make it seal properly.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 2, 2012

Chances are there is actually a gasket present.

On this type of case it should be thin and flat made either of lead or a hard plastic, usually silver in color so its easy to miss.

IMG_1220.JPG

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2012

WATCH MATERIAL INTERCHANGE LIST
    G281-23
    GASKET, CASEBACK (LEAD)

From Jules Borel

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 3, 2012

Thanks. Have taken it in.