Forums Latest Members
  1. uberwatchn00b Aug 8, 2017

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello all,

I am new to the forum (as per my name) and to vintage watches and just purchased my first vintage Omega Seamaster ref 16500 but am image.jpeg still wary as to if is original (as claimed) or if it has been restored or the dial repainted. Any insight folks can provide as to if the watch is original and/or fair market value would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 8, 2017

I'm on a phone and a straight on picture would help but I think you've done OK. The dial printing looks fine to me and everything else original. Though don't bank on this as I have been wrong before.

3. Tom Dick and Harry Aug 8, 2017

Absolutely nothing wrong with that dial imho, case looks fine, clean movement, looks like a nice watch but as with anything it all depends what you paid

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 8, 2017

5. uberwatchn00b Aug 8, 2017

Thanks all for the quick responses regarding price - does it look okay for $900? And in regards to posting / research - it's becaus3 I'm an uberwatchn00b and figured getting expert opinions would be more fruitful than countless more hours of spinning my wheels (slow learner)! I will get there though

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. uberwatchn00b Aug 15, 2017

Also curious if 30 sec fast per 24hr is good for a watch of this age? And would a service typically improve this, and if so by how much?

7. Kja Aug 15, 2017

If you just got it, let it settle awhile it may start running better, if the seller didn't show/prove it has been serviced in the past five years don't wind it anymore or wear it unwell you get it serviced.

mikechi22 likes this.
  8. mikechi22 Aug 16, 2017

Looks beautiful!