Forums Latest Members
  1. Kasis Apr 5, 2015

Hi,

I inherited this Omega watch and i considering to have it refurbished. Does anyone know exactly what model and year it is ? ( other than Omega Seamaster Automatic). The watchband says goldplated 20 microns.

Thks

Sand

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 5, 2015

Will need the back off to give you most information. With the 7 marker fallen of it will be in need of a good watchmaker for repairs and a service.

It will clean up quiet nice for not that much

Nice one

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 5, 2015

What do you mean "refurbished"?
    Where do you live? We might be able to recommend a good watchmaker.
    DO NOT give it to Omega to service. They are not sympathetic to vintage watches.

4. Kasis Apr 5, 2015

Hi,

Thks for replies. As you probably already have guessed I am NOT an expert on Omega watches , but would like to use some money on renovation of the watch. Just wanna be sure that it is not a waste of money to fix it up. Thus I have no idea what the value of this watch is, and therefore little basis of estemating what kind of money would be reasonable to put in the project ?. I live in Denmark. Any advise on a good vintage watchmaker here ?

Regards

Sand

5. PatrickJ Apr 5, 2015

Just put 7 on and give it a mechanical service. Keep dial original, gives it character. Do not repaint the dial, the watch looses credibility and value. Take your time take advice from the experts here, take your time. By reading threads you will soon realise. You will get good advise on who you can trust for service, I know I did.

Privateday7 likes this.
  6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

The real value of the watch is the relationship between you and the person from whom you inherited it. If you valued his relationship then the watch would be priceless to you and if the work cost more than the residual value, then that fact would be immaterial.

Re-attaching the hour marker and a service should cost around €200 which would probably be about 40% of the value.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 5, 2015

I agree with both @Stewart H and @PatrickJ
    It isn't 'worth it' in pure financial terms. It comes down to the sentimental value. Nobody here would judge you for spending $500 to fix a watch only worth $500 if it was your father/grandfather's watch - or selling it if it was your 4th include twice removed who you never met!

8. Drawarms Apr 5, 2015

just do a mechanical service and leave it be! looks great!

9. Kasis Apr 6, 2015

Thanks for the advise on mechanical service etc. I get the point with sentimental value, but it is not really an issue with this watch. I will find a good vintage watchmaker who can give it service and re-attach the hour marker. Thanks again.

Regards

Sand

Privateday7 likes this.