Forums Latest Members
  1. steelers743 Feb 5, 2017

I inherited this vintage Constellation from my fathers uncle, I have had it a few years and it started me into collecting watches. I have been searching for some more information on it and figured this would be the perfect place to go. I looked though the vintage constellation thread and only saw a white on silver one like it. It is a manual wind and still keeps time great, also wrapped with a vintage Speidel USA twist-o-flex bracelet.

Any helpful links or information on this history of this model would be awesome. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Etp095, Mac5 and JimInOz like this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 5, 2017

Everything you ever wanted to know about constellations. http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/
    Get it off the Speidel, they chew up lugs. Also, if it's a manual wind, you need to have a watchmaker open it up to see what's inside because the dial says it's an automatic.

chronos likes this.
  3. steelers743 Feb 5, 2017

You work fast sir. Thanks for the link I will take a look though it.
    Yeah I think a nice deep brown gator strap will work great with the gold and give it a more classy touch. I am also thinking about getting it cleaned and serviced because there is small debris like that hair under the glass. How much would a service on a vintage watch like this cost?

4. cristos71 Feb 5, 2017

Looks like a ref. 14381 with what should be a cal 551

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 5, 2017

interesting dial....
    good looking font
    but
    crossed T's
    no officially certified
    chronometer
    ::popcorn::

TNTwatch likes this.
  6. cristos71 Feb 5, 2017

Exactly, I was just looking through my pictures for more of those T's on this ref, haven't found any yet.

7. steelers743 Feb 5, 2017

Hmm looking on Google of the model I don't see any that have crossed t's. Maybe I will open it up and see what is inside. Is it common to have old Rep's of these?

Edited Feb 5, 2017
  8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 5, 2017

Hi Steelers
    welcome to the forum

to explain
    crossed Ts are relatively uncommon
    and appeared during a certain period
    Most Connies have Officially Certified under the Automatic
    again - it (correctly) was missing during a certain period
    but the two don't coincide

I think they are about something like 10 years apart (One early 50s, the other late 50s early 60s)

if your watch didn't have the crossed Ts I would have agreed with @cristos71 that it was a gold cap 14381

the thing is the fonts look good but it just doesn't make sense

if by Rep you mean replica then no not really (gold ones are faked)
    but old watches were re-dialed i.e. repainted

there is something going on with the 10 and 1 indices (white paint?)

I'm sure others will chip in

BTW good images -they are the only reason we can thoroughly study the watch

definitely worth opening her up to see the case back reference

chronos likes this.
  9. steelers743 Feb 5, 2017

Interesting, never figured this watch to be such a tricky one to figure out.

All of the indices looks the same, could have just been the lighting in the photo. There is also some crud around the 10 indicator that the pic is picking up.

Haha because he was a big bullshitter I could see him maybe having a fake, but I do remeber he was very proud of this watch and only brought it on on special occasions.

I was unable to get the case back off with the tool I have and didn't want to risk adding scratches. I might take it to a watch smith to get cleaned up so that could answer some questions.

10. TNTwatch Feb 5, 2017

Good eyes on the crossed Ts! I've seen the crossed Ts on some late Connie 505s before. Edit: So it would not be unusual if this watch is an early 14381.

Notice also the uncommon hour markers - I've only ever seen this style on 1 or 2 constellations.

Edited Feb 5, 2017
  11. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 5, 2017

Uncles and fake watches are real popular around this place. They're like dessert.

Good thinking.

efauser likes this.