Forums Latest Members
  1. Kimboakimbo Sep 17, 2017

My great uncle recently passed away and we have been sorting through his belongings. I've come across several Omega watches and my googling hasn't led me to an identification. I'm hoping y'all can help. All of the watches have some wear, but I'd love to be able to identify them, even if they don't have much value. Thanks!

IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1093.JPG

Etp095 likes this.
  2. redpcar Sep 17, 2017

Omega made many variants so it is difficult to tell exact information from just a shot of the dial. For exact information, you will need to take them to a watchmaker for some pics inside of the movement and inside caseback. This is where all the information resides. Good news is that they all appear to be authentic.

1. is from the mid 70's.
    2. is the most valuable of the group (unless #1 is solid gold) probably late '50s to early 60's
    3. ladies watch has very little value for collectors these days unless it is solid platinum or gold.

Go to a watchmaker and get us some more pics.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  3. redpcar Sep 17, 2017

The serial number on the movements will give you a better idea of the year and inside case back will give you the reference or model number. Once you get these, come back to the list and we can help.

4. Kimboakimbo Sep 17, 2017

Thank you! I will visit a watchmaker and get that information and some more detailed pictures and come back.

5. sc-texas Sep 17, 2017

Post photos of the movements

6. Edward53 Sep 18, 2017

As mentioned above:
    3 is pretty much unsellable.
    1 is ok, nothing special and not very collectable but you wouldn't be ashamed to wear it.
    2 is very nice indeed. Those straps aren't kind to casebacks so probably best to put it on something decent.

7. Canuck Sep 18, 2017

I would prefer to see what movement is in the case of tha ladie's watch before I would be satisfied that it isn't a cheap knock off. The detail lacks the fineness I would expect on an Omega. The other two watches would have potential.