Inherited Omega Watches

Hello all. I recently inherited 3 old Omega watches from my Grandfather. These are my first old watches and I am completely overwhelmed with all the information/opinions online about old watches.
image0.jpeg

None of them are running at the moment, and I am unsure of their models or worth. The plan is to get all three running, I will keep the leather strapped one for personal use, but will keep the others for my sons when they are older. The leather strap definitely isn't original, and seems much too thin for the watch.

I am reaching out for any advice you may have to offer. I have encountered a mechanical anomaly with the watch on the right: when I pull out the crown to what I presumed was the first position to adjust the date, it only alters the hour hand. Extending it to the second position, however, manipulates both hands. Is this a standard mechanism, or does it indicate a potential issue?

I am based in Copenhagen Denmark, and there are some Omega service centres, but I am unsure if there is a need to go to them, rather than a normal watch service company. I suspect their monetary worth may not be significant, their sentimental value to me is substantial.

Hi there. That's a nice inheritance. If you have lost your grandfather, then sorry for your loss.
The watch in the middle and on the right are likely battery operated and may need just a new battery to get going. Hopefully the old battery won't have leaked. I have the same watch on the right and can confirm that it's setting is working correctly. Putting the crown to the 2nd position works just the hour hand. You can click forward/backwards and hour...useful if travelling around. The date is set by cycling through the hours. Pulling to the third position allows you to set the minutes and seconds.
The middle watch is a F300 tuning fork watch. These pre date quartz. It will make a humming noise if working with a new battery.
I'm sorry, I don't know much about the watch on the left. It may well also be quartz, although it does come as an automatic version I think, and is a more modern version to the constellation on the right.

In the first instance I would take to a general watch service place and get them to open them, to look at the movements and see what you have, and maybe replace batteries (if they are indeed quartz). Once established whether they run or not...you can then decide on servicing (more costly).
Edited:

Thank you ken_hodon.

I am happy to hear about the crown settings. It makes me feel much more optimistic. I believe the left one was his most recent, so i assume the right watch was his one before. And it is much more worn. His dexterity lessened in his final years, so he definitely avoided the leather strap. All of my memories as a child are of the middle one though.

I will take them to the local shop first then, and see if we can get them all running first.

Actually the middle one, I think is the nicest. If you put F300 or hummers into the search function on here you can read all about them. There are some die hard fans (myself included)!

They are much more tricky to fix, so if it does need fixing then put on another post on here and we can make some service recommendations for you.

I believe the watch on the left is quartz as well. First thing to do is take the two newer constellations to a watchmaker and check that a leaking battery hasn’t ruined the movement. If not, then a simple battery change will likely get them working again. The watchmaker should also change seals and test the movement. I’d pay the extra to have a watchmaker do it since they have been sitting rather than just replacing the battery myself.

I'd focus on the Geneve hummer.

Just pull the batteries from the Constellations and put them aside. No need to replace the batteries if you're not going to use them. It doesn't sound like they really appeal to you and they're not terribly collectible.

I'd focus on the Geneve hummer.

Just pull the batteries from the Constellations and put them aside. No need to replace the batteries if you're not going to use them. It doesn't sound like they really appeal to you and they're not terribly collectible.

This ^

i like the hummer the best, but the flaking print is concerning. have it checked out to see if there wasn't water/humidity intrusion.

best of luck with the three.

i like the hummer the best, but the flaking print is concerning. have it checked out to see if there wasn't water/humidity intrusion.

best of luck with the three.
Hopefully It's not flaking print but scratched crystal.

Agreed on this.
As far as i can see, it is just deep scratches on the crystal.

The photo seems to make it worse than it is.