Forums Latest Members

Inherited Omega - advice knowledge much appreciated

1. Tomfitz Apr 21, 2014

Hi all. I recently inherited an old Omega that my grandfather owned. I understand he may have bought it second hand in the 1950s. It is a manual wind and I have just had it serviced. It seems to keep time and work perfectly well. I must admit it's not something I know much about so was wondering if anyone here would be able to provide information as to the model and probable date range etc? I'm not interested to sell but would be interested if anyone knew an approximate value. I just spent 100£ on a service and new strap. Included a photo of it with my large size planet ocean for size comparison. Many thanks, Tom

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 21, 2014

More information is needed to determine date of production and value. A picture of the movement and inside the case back would be helpful.
    Thanks

3. Tomfitz Apr 21, 2014

Thanks very much for the reply. I have attached further photos of the movement. Would also be interested if you knew what the part of the back saying A & R related to? Does this help with an indication of age and value? Many thanks, Tom

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 21, 2014

A&R stand for Avance and Retard. That means faster and slower.
    The size of your watch is around 33mm which is a bit small the hands are silver while the dial hardware is gold.
    I would say its value is about $250 max

Tomfitz likes this.
  5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 21, 2014

By serial never on the movement, dates to around 1946. I would agree with hoipolloi's valuation (USD).

Tomfitz likes this.
  6. Tomfitz Apr 21, 2014

Thanks for the adviceguys