Forums Latest Members

Inherited a Seamaster, would be grateful for any info on it

1. JohannGam Aug 2, 2015

Hello guys!
    I recently got this from my grandfather as a gift. He inherited it from his father back in the 80´s I think.
    It was bought in a jeweller store in Sweden, and came in a box branded with the store name, and no additional papers/certificates. I am looking for any info on it, as the number on the back yielded no results on Omega Vintage Watches Database.
    The bracelet, i´m guessing, is non-original, since it doesn't have "Omega" anywhere on it? It´s 18 carat gold btw.
    I would be very grateful for any info on the watch itself; model name, production year etc.
    And yes, by the look of the close-up photos, I think it needs to be professionally cleaned.

Thank you, from Oslo! IMG_6945.JPG IMG_6946.JPG IMG_6950.JPG IMG_6951.JPG

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 2, 2015

Is it me or is the case a mix of Steel and Gold?

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 2, 2015

It's a gold-capped, more likely 10K or 14K...

...experts will be chiming in soon!

JohannGam likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 2, 2015

those numbers hand engraved on the back have probably been put there by a watchmaker. all original, 'front-loader' / monoque case - so the movement comes out the front, after you've taken off the crystal and dial.

a nice, clean, elegant watch.

if you intend to wear it, PLEASE have it serviced. imagine running a car that had been sitting for a decade without a service/oil change. will do terrible things to the insides. don't take it back to omega for servicing, use a good, respected independent watchmaker.

unfortunatley I can't tell you model/movement, but someone else will be able to help further.

JohannGam and dougiedude like this.
  5. marturx Aug 3, 2015

It's in excellent condition. Very nice linen dial.

Likely a ref 135.010, "De Ville" type without saying so in the dial. Calibre 601 inside. Serial likely to start with 20 mill, so from the early 60ies, 1962-63

What it needs is a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, a service and a nice leather bracelet. Thereafter it'll be ready to wear on any occasion where the dress code says "formal". Or to church on Sunday :)

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2015

Yea gold cap, not solid gold, nice condition though, worth a few hundred at least and well worth having serviced to wear imo.

7. JohannGam Aug 3, 2015

Thanks! You guys are amazing! Makes me want to learn more about watches!

TexasKevin likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 3, 2015

Be careful what you wish for.