Forums Latest Members
  1. scootergirl69 Dec 15, 2015

Inherited my brother-in-laws Omega Seamaster Deville. Serial number puts it from 1968. Just cleaned and serviced; date wheel needed TLC. Watchmaker said it was not an original bezel or crystal, though. My mother-in-law took good care of this watch for almost 40 years. Can I assume this is a nice original dial. Can't imagine that she would have had it re-dialed at any time she owned it. Also, is an original bezel/crystal readily available and at what cost. Is it worth changing the parts back to original. Not a collectible; I'll be wearing it often. Also, does it appear that the case has been polished. Any other thoughts on this piece?? Sorry for the newbie questions...but I'm a newbie, it goes with the territory. Any guess as to current value. I have seen similar cal. 563's go from 300-1500 on fleabay??? Thanks, in advance for all of your help on this great forum.

IMG_3269[1].JPG IMG_3268[1].JPG IMG_3267[1].JPG IMG_3266[1].JPG
  2. PatrickJ Dec 16, 2015

Do you have a clearer, cleaner and better lit picture of the dial?

3. arkstfan Dec 16, 2015

Getting decent pics is a bear too harsh or too little it gets hard to see.
    Initial impression is hands are right. I'm not sure if I'm seeing scratches or gunk (technical term meaning something on the crystal that is scattering th light) on the crystal or the dial is showing age.