Forums Latest Members

Ingenieur 666 & 1931 Cal 87

1. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV Dec 10, 2017

I'd like to share 2 recent purchases.
    A number of firsts.
    My first IWCs, the first Ingenieur ref 666 and what I believe to be a first year production cal 87.

First up is the 666, signed Turler, pie pan dial. There is some damage to the upper edge of the dial which is a shape, but the positioning minimises the impact.
    The creamy colour of the dial is also really nice as is the lume and dark rings around the lume.
    The case is in really nice condition.
    Very sharp and the original contrasting finish on the case side and back is still very visible. I believe the crown is a replacement as it doesn't have the fish logo but I'm not certain.
    Overall I'm really happy with it and would love to find a beads of rice bracelet for it.

Does anyone know the specific refs of the bracelets for this model?

IMG_0191.JPG IMG_0502.PNG IMG_0203.JPG

Next up is my 14kt cal 87.
    I believe thhe movement ref 934xxx dates it to 1931.
    The case is hinged, and shows its age as does the dial, but I think it holds up well and I particularly like the hour markers, which are possibly enamel.
    The lugs are 19mm and the case wears relatively large.
    The movement is stunning, the Geneva stripes, jeweling and overall finish are outstanding. My watchmaker said it was a special movement.
    I was also lucky as he advised an incorrect balance staff had been fitted which was slightly too short, but he had a correct replacement which he showed me in the catalogue/movement manual.
    It was the last one he had, which is becoming a theme.

Please share your IWC's and in particular your ref 666 and cal 87s.
    The cal 87s seem pretty scarce, and I don't think I've seen one posted on OF.
    So please do share.

IMG_0516.PNG
    IMG_0517.PNG
    IMG_0280.PNG

2. ConElPueblo Dec 10, 2017

Fantastic watches! That Ingenieur... Wow.

I had the pleasure of seeing @ryanbk's lovely IWC' at a GTG some months ago, a lasting impression for sure.

propervinyl and Mods like this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 10, 2017

Very nice pair!

The ref. 666 Ingenieur was my first great vintage love, and I have owned several. Here's an old 666/866 group shot:

[​IMG]

I would say that the crown is a replacement, but correct (fish) ones are available.

With regard to bracelets, this was the type used on the early production 666. They are difficult to source, and expensive.

[​IMG]

The more common variation is the ref. 11 shown on this graphic:

[​IMG]

davidswiss, aap and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV Dec 10, 2017

@Tony C.
    Great group shot Tony.
    They look great on the oyster type bracelets. Thanks for the info, I will keep my eyes peeled for a bracelet.
    Thanks
    Bill

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 10, 2017

Thanks Bill. The ones on the Oysters are ref. 866. The 666 were never fitted with such bracelets.

KingCrouchy and Mods like this.
  6. propervinyl Dec 10, 2017

That 666 is gorgeous. That model is on my list for sure - perfectly balanced. Congrats on an excellent find!

Mods likes this.