Forums Latest Members
  1. MEXZ1 May 10, 2015

Hello,

I need informations, can you help me?
    What's the date, price, and name please.
    FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1222.JPG IMG_1223.JPG FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Edited May 11, 2015
  2. MEXZ1 May 11, 2015

anyone ? :)

Edited May 13, 2015
  3. MEXZ1 May 13, 2015

:(

Nobody can help me?

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ May 13, 2015

You have quite a bit of information at hand. The movement shows the serial number and calibre. You can search online for lists of serial numbers that give approximate years of manufacture. You can put the number on the inside of th case back into the omega vintage database (again, just a quick search engine find). You can also search on places like eBay looking at completed auctions to get a rough idea of market value.

5. lillatroll May 13, 2015

Hello
    I typed in the case number on google and nothing came up, now this could mean nothing or it could be that the case does not belong to the rest of the watch or that the case was not manufactured by Omega. I am not very knowledgeable about watches I am just learning so it could mean nothing.

I also typed in the cal number which brought up late 40s 1950s. To my untrained eyes the movement looks like the ones I found on the web, but I couldn't say more that the parts seem to be correct and it looks ok and fairly clean.

The dial obviously shows signs of age. The crown looks different from ones I found on the net but again they could be differnet models, without the case number coming up I couldn't be sure if it right or wrong.
    Anyway hope this points you in the right direction.

6. MEXZ1 May 13, 2015

I did many search on internet, but i never find the good model.
    I just find this model but i's a 266 not en 267 and 18k not 14K
    s-l1000.jpg
    Thanks for your answer .

7. lillatroll May 13, 2015

Without the case number coming up it is hard to know exactly what model this is, atleast for a new collector like me. The movement was used in a few different models, including the seamaster 2990 and the ranchero.
    Do you know anything about the history of the watch? did you get it from your uncle or grandfather? they might be able to help, or have you bought it from the bay? Perhaps the seller could tell you more about it.

8. MEXZ1 May 13, 2015

I dont have any informations on this watch,I've find it, when i was walking on field. :)
    Sry my english is not so good :(

Normally i'm a Swatch collector :)

lillatroll likes this.
  9. lillatroll May 13, 2015

lucky find

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 13, 2015

Ref. 2911 (or 2811, it's difficult to see in the pictures) is a relatively obscure case reference. Even Omega won't give you full assurance of authenticity, so purchasing an Extract of the Archives is a waste of money, in my opinion.

The watch looks to be a nice example of a 30mm Omega movement, and has a solid 14K gold Omega made case. The style of the dial and hands screams early 1950's.

You say you are a "Swatch Collector". You still are, as Swatch now owns the Omega brand.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

11. MEXZ1 May 13, 2015

all information is good to take, thank you for your reply.

I Will post my swatch collect if there is a correct categorie :)

Regards
    Mexz1

12. MEXZ1 Aug 8, 2015

After few months of searching and reacher from jeweler, I had some answers .
    The watch has no name , it dates of 40.50 years . It seems that it is rare to have 14K gold with that kind of omega .
    Now , I had several price , some jewelers says minimum € 2000 and others says € 600 .
    Now I ask your opinion . For how many, you think, i can sale this watch based on these pictures.
    I 'd like to sell it, Because I need money .

Sorry my english is very poor :D
    regards,

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 8, 2015

Gold is way down in price. Probably worth anywhere from $500 to $800. Dial has some patina and I'm assuming it will need service, so probably towards the lower end of the range.

Good luck with the sale,
    gatorcpa