Forums Latest Members
  1. rthere Sep 17, 2013

Hi,

I have inherited this watch and am looking for some information on it, or places to go to get information.

It is an Omega De Ville with the serial number 1168233 and has stainless steel on the strap, as you can hopefully see from the photos. Back of Omega.jpg Omega Stainless steel.jpg Omega.jpg

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hijak Sep 17, 2013

Never seen anything like that before...especially the number on the case back, didn't think Omega did that! I would have to question the authenticity of this piece...

3. rthere Sep 17, 2013

Yeah, I was wondering that when I typed in the number and very little came up. Is interesting coz im sure my Grandad got it 4 his retirement, so if the company gave him a forgery thats pretty tight! haha will have to go back to the family and see if I can get more info that way.

If anyone can give any extra info or confirm authenticity, that would be great.

Thanks Hijak

4. Mothra Sep 17, 2013

I think its supposed to be a prestige - i also think its a fake, its most unlikely to have a serial no or case ref on the outside. Get a jeweller to pop the back off to be sure...

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 17, 2013

Did he work in Mumbai, by any chance ?

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 17, 2013

I would also say this is fake. The case finish is very rough, no bracelet like that in Deville line and the script in dial is suspicious.
    Interestingly Deville Prestige line has its serial number stamped outside its caseback, but much smaller and finer than the OP's.