Forums Latest Members

Information about this watch would be much appreciated...

1. rhill Jan 4, 2015

Hello,

This was my grandfather's watch, given to him for long service. I am going to have it fully serviced and repaired as it is not working properly.

If anyone knows the age or any other information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG
    STANDY likes this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 4, 2015

Nice Omega auto, I'd say from the mid to late 60's. If you can have someone pop off the case back, there will be a serial number on the movement - that number can be used to look up the approximate production date. Inside the caseback will be the reference number of the watch, which will tell you the model. I don't know enough about these to be more specific, but others may chime in.

Looks to be in very good shape, and once serviced, should give you years more of wear. Great to have a watch with a family connection to wear and enjoy! :)

rhill and STANDY like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 4, 2015

Case back opened by your watchmaker will have all the numbers needed to ID and date. Some may be able to ball park it on these pictures. Love that bracelet its on
    Nice watch and great family history. Not overly expensive model but a keeper with its family connection

Same time post

rhill likes this.
  4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 4, 2015

Interesting bracelet indeed. Never seen before.

rhill likes this.
  5. Hijak Jan 4, 2015

Do you have an idea when your Grandfather received it? Because of the applied Omega logo on the dial I would date this a little newer, maybe late seventies early eighties even. as mentioned above the inside of the case back and the movement serial number will tell us a lot. When you get it serviced ask your watchmaker to take a picture of the inside of the case back and movement. It looks like a nice heirloom watch, very nice for you to have!:thumbsup:

rhill likes this.
  6. Rafal Kulesza Jan 4, 2015

I think your watch produced about 1975. Movement is probably caliber 1010-17 jewels, or 1012 - 23jewels, but it is only conjecture. Do this as colleagues write.

rhill likes this.
  7. rhill Jan 11, 2015

Thanks for all the information, I'll get some photos of the movement. Cheers.