Forums Latest Members
  1. ebarthe May 17, 2016

I have these Omega models.
    I already know all about the golden Constellation thanks to this forum.
    Can you tell me something about the De Ville and specially about the oldest model with no name? Year, model, value?
    All of them are inherited from my family. All working perfectly.
    Thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Willem023 May 17, 2016

ebarthe and efauser like this.
  3. Tom Dick and Harry May 17, 2016

The gold example is the most interesting of the three, it is an 18K MQ 32Khz as issued to Apollo-Soyuz crew and staff upon their return from space, the commercial model (you have) is quite rare but unfortunately not the most desirable constellation due to the quartz movement (and looks to be a non runner) so horrendous as it sounds has a value of around the actual gold weight value.

The T17 (or similar) deco Omega appears to have had a redial (note the poor printing) and the other is either a GP or solid gold Omega DeVile calibre 620 (or similar) dress watch circa 1965-1975, again of little real value

Regards Tom

ebarthe likes this.
  4. ebarthe May 17, 2016

Thanks Tom
    What do you mean by "non runner"? All of them work well.
    And what is a redial? I don't think it has ever been serviced more than a regular cleanup
    Thanks for your insight!

5. Tom Dick and Harry May 17, 2016

Hi

The Megaquartz appears not to be ticking but assuming it's running (should keep time to 5 seconds per month) then it's a rare watch and and wear in good health

The deco watch appears to have had the dial re painted, could be wrong as many of these early dials didn't have the industrial printing quality of more modern watches but the number fonts are broadly right. 50/50 of its repainted or not but likely to be T17

ebarthe likes this.
  6. DON May 17, 2016

Should also note that the s/s T17 has 2 different hands. Most likely the hour hand is original

DON

ebarthe likes this.
  7. chronos May 17, 2016