Forums Latest Members
  1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 24, 2014

I've noticed that the minute register on my recently overhauled 145.012 sometimes jumps to the one minute marker immediately after engaging the chrono.

Doesn't do it consistently, someimes will go a dozen or two times without doing it, somtimes does it twice in a row.

All other functions and timekeeping working well.

Thoughts on what the issue is? I have plenty of time left on the warranty, but it is likely a worn part or an improper adjustment?

Thanks for the help!

2. Davidt Jul 25, 2014

The same thing happened to my 321 after a service, but with the chrono second hand. I contacted the watch maker and sent it back and they said the movement was slightly magnetised.

It it was fine when it came back.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 25, 2014

Two completely different issues....

The minute register jumping on the start of the chronograph is an adjustment - the small finger on the central chronograph runner is advancing the minute counter. So the depth of the adjustment is off in some manner - there are a couple of places this can be off, so it would have to be looked at to be sure where the adjustment is needed.

The issue of the central chronograph hand advancing when the start button is pushed can certainly be due to magnetism. It can also be due to too much oil on the cam or hammer, or even sometimes the hammer contacting the runner as it retracts, dragging the runner and moving the hand.

Your watchmaker should be able to adjust the issue with the minute counter for you.

Cheers, Al

initialjh likes this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 25, 2014

Thanks Al, was hoping you'd weigh in!

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 16, 2014

Well, it's headed back to the watchmaker. After this trip, it'll have been there longer than I have had it since purchase. ::censored::

6. initialjh Aug 16, 2014

you need another Omega in the herd to tide you over till its return! :D

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 16, 2014

:D got it covered! :D
    image.jpg

JohnSteed and initialjh like this.
  8. initialjh Aug 16, 2014

can't go wrong with the Ed White! ;) :) ::jumpy::
    of course, one should not just assume with Speedy nuts that they would only have one in the stable! ::bleh::

Darlinboy and JohnSteed like this.
  9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 19, 2014

Headed back to me already. :cool: Though I am not pleased it needed another trip, the customer service/warranty response has been noteworthy - corrected fast and with no hassle, overnight shipping provided both ways.

initialjh likes this.
  10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 11, 2014

OK, I'm getting very frustrated with my watchmaker on this one. ::censored::

Two months after I sent it in for the chrono hand problem, worn a dozen or so times since - working fine. I put it on last night - chrono minute hand is now jumping again. Sometimes one second, sometimes two, sometimes none. Or all three in a row. I actually use the chrono/telemeter, so it's a big deal to me.

The shop has been good about taking it back at their cost for adjustment, but this is now the third issue I've had with the service - a full overhaul that wasn't cheap. First, the movement was improperly installed (loose), and now the second time for the chrono hand jumping issue.
    I'm debating whether or not to give them another go at it, or just ask for my money back & send the watch elsewhere. It is a very well-regarded shop on the west coast, better know for their work on vintage Rolex.

Can it be a worn part, or does it sound like yet another improper adjustment? Other possibilities? The watch otherwise works fine, and keeps excellent time.

Appreciate your thoughts.:)

11. watchtinker Oct 11, 2014

Take a picture of this part and I might be more helpful. :)

[​IMG]

12. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 11, 2014

Pics...

image.jpg image.jpg

13. watchtinker Oct 11, 2014

Provided the spring indicated by the bottom (smaller) arrow is not too loose, adjusting the eccentric stud indicated by the top (larger) arrow may help to solve the problem.

[​IMG]

ChrisN and Darlinboy like this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2014

I had this issue when rebuilding the 321 on my 2998. Adjusting this was simple and corrective. I've seen issues here before when people screw-up (sometimes watchmakers) these movements.
    This is the type of thing that would be returned perfect if Al was servicing the movement.

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 11, 2014

Thanks for the info! Waiting to hear back from them. They'd better get it right this time. ::rant: