Forums Latest Members

Info on Vintage Constellation - Inherited Family Piece

1. corspeed Dec 5, 2015

Hello,

This is my first thread/participation on the forum. I browsed the "for beginners" posts, so hope I am following the proper etiquette.

Im an aspiring watch nerd, and my father (who is not a watch nerd) recently told me that he has hung on to a watch collection my Grandfather owned, but knows little about the pieces.

My Grandfather has passed on, so I don't have as much info on the watches as I'd like.

There was a vintage Rolex, JLC, AP in the mix, but relevant to this forum, a gold Constellation.

I'm interested in value as a point of curiosity, but really more interested in being able to tell the story around this family piece. Any comments on heritage, rarity, movement, or anything else would be very valued.

What I know/can guess:
    -Likely a mid-60's to mid-70's watch, but I'm not sure of that.
    -Dial has "Turler" print. I've read the other posts about this retailer, but still welcome comments.
    -The back has no inscription aside from "Constellation" and "Waterproof"
    -Works like a charm when I wound it, but certainly unused since at least 20 years ago.

Thanks for any info!

2. gouverneur Dec 7, 2015

Pictures would help the wiser experts on the forum help you ID the watch.

The Turler print is a cool detail, my knowledge of them is probably less than yours, but I understand they're a high-end retailer in Europe, kind of like having a "Tiffany" signed watch here in the U.S., though probably it does not add much value to the watch (unlike the "Tiffany" signed Pateks or Rolexes here in the states).

The case back sounds like it may be a replacement to me, just because my (again, limited) understanding was that Omega casebacks typically have the model number stamped on the inside.