Forums Latest Members

Info on Vintage Constellation - Inherited Family Piece

1. corspeed Dec 5, 2015

Hello,

This is my first thread/participation on the forum. I browsed the "for beginners" posts, so hope I am following the proper etiquette.

Im an aspiring watch nerd, and my father (who is not a watch nerd) recently told me that he has hung on to a watch collection my Grandfather owned, but knows little about the pieces.

My Grandfather has passed on, so I don't have as much info on the watches as I'd like.

There was a vintage Rolex, JLC, AP in the mix, but relevant to this forum, a gold Constellation.

I'm interested in value as a point of curiosity, but really more interested in being able to tell the story around this family piece. Any comments on heritage, rarity, movement, or anything else would be very valued.

What I know/can guess:
    -Likely a mid-60's to mid-70's watch, but I'm not sure of that.
    -Dial has "Turler" print. I've read the other posts about this retailer, but still welcome comments.
    -The back has no inscription aside from "Constellation" and "Waterproof"
    -Works like a charm when I wound it, but certainly unused since at least 20 years ago.

Thanks for any info!

Omega - Back.jpg Omega - Face.jpg
  2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Dec 5, 2015

Hi, it might not be a 60's, but maybe even a late 50's Constellation... And a damn fine one to boot. The back is really sharp, but the bezel seems quite a bit polished though. A cal. 504 I reckon.

Is the dial gold?

Edited Dec 5, 2015
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 5, 2015

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. corspeed Dec 5, 2015

5. flyingout Dec 6, 2015

Not exactly. Many here are equally interested in those others. Feel free to share.

And welcome.

6. constellationM Dec 6, 2015

That is certainly a spectacular Constellation De Luxe to find lying in a box. That's a great inheritance!

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 6, 2015

Sweet! Let's see the others. :thumbsup:

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 6, 2015

^^^Ditto all!

9. corspeed Dec 6, 2015