Info on this vintage Omega? Reference Number: DD9623

Hi everyone,

I’ve been searching for a gold watch that’s vintage. I ran across this Omega and wanted to get input on it. Admittedly, I don’t know much about the vintage Omega’s much since the oldest model I have is from 2012ish.

The seller has a shop and has been in business for decades. I included this info since the saying is you are buying the seller especially in this situation with the watch not coming with box and paper.

It’s a quartz movement, which I don’t mind in this case since there’s no second hand.

This will be my first vintage watch. If the vets can give me a quick crash course on what to expect, I'd appreciate it. I won't be wearing the watch to do anything more than running errands.

Was this not a popular model? Pros and cons?

Run away from this as fast as you can. Even at a few bucks, it takes up space.

If it is really gold then melt value is all it is worth.

There are much better examples out there. Take time and research, research and research.

Run away from this as fast as you can. Even at a few bucks, it takes up space.

If it is really gold then melt value is all it is worth.

There are much better examples out there. Take time and research, research and research.
Thanks for the insight. Can you elaborate as to why? Fake?

These came at a low point for Omega, just before things got really bad as quartz came on line.

If you like the design, fine but it's not something collectable or desirable in the collector realm.

As noted it's worth melt value.

Looks like the same watch here, price is laughable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256529516463

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
These came at a low point for Omega, just before things got really bad as quartz came on line.

If you like the design, fine but it's not something collectable or desirable in the collector realm.

As noted it's worth melt value.

Looks like the same watch here, price is laughable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256529516463

Thanks! The design is very Cartier-ish. That is indeed the auction. $2k is the best price they gave me.

I don’t see myself as a collector. I have a 10 watch collection I bought in the last decade and change. I buy what I like and what I can afford to keep it simple. Omega happened to be my favorite brand given the awesome movements, heritage, customer service and prices.

what would you say is a fair price for the watch? I lurked around and wow, you guys are vintage pros! Perhaps I should just stick to buying new to keep it simple. lol.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Price is ludicrous for an ugly duckling from Omega's dark era.
Finding parts if the movement goes tits up will be a challenge.

Seller must be thinking he's about to hook somebody, 13 views in the last 24 hours.........Woo Hoo.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 11.11.36.png

Price is ludicrous for an ugly duckling from Omega's dark era.
Finding parts if the movement goes tits up will be a challenge.

Seller must be thinking he's about to hook somebody, 13 views in the last 24 hours.........Woo Hoo.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 11.11.36.png
It looks striking similar to the Cartier Tank, LOL. Thanks for your help, fellas. Saved me $2k 😀