Forums Latest Members
  1. S.C Feb 3, 2016

Hello, I just became a new member to this forum becasue my interest for watches (Specially Omega's) have been growing the last few months. I finally made my first purchase recently but I don't know much info on it. I was wondering If you guys can help me out. All I know it has a 283 movement, if is a manual wind. That's about it.
    Hope I can get so info on this watch.
    Thanks

image.jpg
    bardamu and Giff2577 like this.
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Feb 3, 2016

Most likely cased in France for French consumption. Nice, aged guilloche dial, and the case is in quite reasonable condition. Second sweep is a replacement but, overall, looks a tidy watch.

Cheers

Desmond

3. S.C Feb 3, 2016

Thanks for the help, that's unfortunate about the second hand. My plan is to try and find an original leather strap with buckle or a least a real omega strap and I guess now an original second hand. Any suggestion on which secondhand goes with this dial ? But I have to ask the question even though I pretty sure it's real, is there any chance the watch might be fake? Since I don't know what model it is (ex seamaster etc.) Thanks

image.jpg
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 3, 2016

No , the watch is is real.

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Feb 3, 2016

From about 1949/50. Movement looks pretty clean and no corrosion on the SS parts. What does the inner case back show?

6. S.C Feb 3, 2016

Sadly I didn't take a picture of the case back when it was open. I remeber it had an Omega logo in the center with and a case number. Also what are the ss parts ?

7. S.C Feb 3, 2016

Thanks Steve for the verification ! Just want to be sure.

8. chronos Feb 3, 2016

Edited Feb 3, 2016
  9. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Feb 4, 2016

10. S.C Feb 4, 2016

thanks a lot guys with the info its help me know more about my new watch !!