Forums Latest Members
  1. NamePlot Jan 30, 2016

I'd like information on this watch. It belonged to my wife's grandfather who passed away, it's been "stored" by the grandmother for about 8 years now. Not serviced for at least 10 years I'd say, but hasn't been running either. It re-started when I moved it around to take the photos, everything seems OK. He got it as a gift from his workplace for his 20 years in the company. It was at the end of 70's and the serial number seems to be from 75-76. The back is engraved with his name and the company name. It's been worn so there are quite a bit of little scratches and some bad ones at the back.

Here are some photos:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

How much is it worth? I saw this thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/is-this-a-good-find-or-a-dud.29870/ saying 500-600 USD for a stainless steel in very good condition, but this is a gold platted so bad taste and not great condition.

What would servicing it cost, and how often should it be done? Can it be serviced less often if it's not running? Not sure if there are good places to get it serviced in South Africa, but I could get it serviced in Europe while traveling.

Any other advice?