Forums Latest Members
  1. pluto459 Jul 5, 2016

hello all and thanks for any help on this
    I collect Pluto the dog and in the last year I have seen a handful of 1970s omega seamaster watches for sale with the Pluto dial?

Does anyone know where all these came from all of a sudden and what do you think a fair price would be for one?I have seen them in the 1000.oo range.

Is that a fair price? Are these legit??

thanks again.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 5, 2016

Something Fishy is going on here. There are 3 variations for sale via google search via numerous sellers. The problem is they all use the same pictures and all of the watches look MINT for a mid 70's watch...

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 5, 2016

I'm going to say this abomination is crap and wouldn't touch it.

4. pluto459 Jul 5, 2016

Like the watch is fake? The seller says they were hand painted. Couldn't or wouldn't give more details.

5. pluto459 Jul 5, 2016

They are on collector in these seized auction sales. Some sold for 1100-1500 and then some I bid on somehow didn't sell, like they had reserve when none was listed.

6. redpcar Jul 5, 2016

I think the conversation is: watches are Omega but Omega never shipped a watch with Pluto on it. Applied after it left the factory.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 5, 2016

That is not necessarily the case. Disney commissioned watches from Rolex and Omega with custom hand painting to be sold inside the parks. There is no good list though of what was done.

In this case though just to many red flags.

8. pluto459 Jul 5, 2016

Value?

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 5, 2016

As an Omega watch to a collector? Very little, same to a Disney collector as I doubt they are officially licensed. I also question that if you get one it will match the picture. Multiple sellers using the same pictures are huge red flags.

Why did multiple late 70's era watches magically show up in mint condition that have never been seen before?

Edited Jul 5, 2016