Forums Latest Members
  1. Chic.l Nov 8, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi!

I bought this watch yesterday and I just wanted to find out more details on the model, when it dates back to, ball park valuation, and also can it be worn as a day to day wear?

I still have a 30day refund so it would be great to know if I have overpaid for it (which most likely after going through the forum I feel like I might have >.<)

Advice is greatly appreciated!
    Hoping to wear this day to day, knowing what I'm wearing and also that I didn't pay too much.

Thanks everyone

Edited Nov 8, 2015
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 8, 2015

Welcome to the forum

It is a Dennison case Constellation Chronometer, Dennison made cases for Omega in the UK until the late 1960's, when Omega moved for a brief period to Dennis Shackman and Son. I have owned one of these and these are extremely well made watches, in answer to your question: it is perfectly wearable every day, I wear a pie pan Dennison in 18K as a daily wearer, it's a wonderful watch.

You may find this link useful, written by a good freind Andrew it is really the ultimate source of information on the Dennison Omegas

http://www.mediafire.com/view/sm0adrdqjswgdp1/Dennison_Essay_March_2015.pdf

Yours is an 18K model with a standard (but unmolested, which is good) dial, others had a18K dials. It looks like the rotor has been replaced (there is a distinct colour difference) but I could be wrong.

Value wise, I sold a near NOS version of this with 18K dial last year (which appears in the linked above essay and can be seen top left of page 16). I had it up for jus under £2000, the pie pan 18K/18K version I would guess £2250-£2500 and yours would be somewhere between £1500 and £1850 I guess.

All of that said, there are far wise Connie experts on the forum so I will wait for others to chip in!

I would also say, it is perfectly useable as a daily watch, running on specification it should keep somewhere around 3-5SPD! These old birds aren't as accurate as quartz's watches

OMTOM and Chic.l like this.
  3. Chic.l Nov 8, 2015

This is fabulous, was very worried I overpaid.
    Thank you so much for the peace of mind that it's not just some junk I thought looked beautiful.
    Will have a read through the link you've sent.

Again greatly appreciated.

4. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 8, 2015

You are more than welcome, these Dennison cased watches are IMHO amongst the nicest Omegas of the period and you have bought basically the ultimate incarnation of their Constellation Chronometer range. Wear and enjoy, mine is ticking away on my wrist right now

BTW your watches dates to 1964/5 I believe

IMG_9480.JPG

Edited Nov 8, 2015
    OMTOM, hendra324 and Chic.l like this.