Forums Latest Members
  1. JonathanDK Nov 21, 2016

Hi

I could use some help identifying an Omega watch I have inherited. I have tried to do some research, but I haven't been able to find the same watch on the internet. To me it looks more like an Omega Speedmaster Professional, however on the watch itself it says "Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark ii". Can anybody please help indentify the watch? It is purely out of curiosity, and any information is appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Btw it has a manual winding, and I think it is made in the beginning of the 70's but I am not sure of the exact time

And sorry about the poor picture quality...

ur3.JPG ur2.JPG ur1.JPG
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 21, 2016

Mash up of two or more Speedmasters, that dial doesn't belong with that case. Case back looks odd too, though it might just be an engraved original. It might of course also be an out and out fake though the bits look real enough but whatever it is, it ain't fully original.

JonathanDK and novina like this.
  3. JonathanDK Nov 21, 2016

Okay, thank you very much :)
    It is custom engraved, which is what you see in the picture. It has the original engraving it is just difficult to tell by the picture. I don't have any papers on the watch, however I am certain that it is authentic, just a shame it isn't fully original

4. novina Nov 21, 2016

@padders has it right. Only way to see what it actually is and how correct it is, would be to open the case back and see the reference numbers on there, caliber and serial number off of the movement. Looks to me like a Mark II dial was installed for what ever reason. But is the rest of the watch a regular 70's SpeedMaster? Once its open, we can tell you.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2016

Make sure it is opened by a professional watchmaker, not someone who changes batteries at the mall, Other wise the watch could be damaged.

6. JonathanDK Nov 21, 2016

Yeah, it looks identical to the the "Omega Speedmaster Professional" besides the dial. I will take it to someone professional and ask in the next couple of days. Thanks again for your answers :)

7. Badwolf Nov 21, 2016

The case back suggests pre-moon 145.012 or 145.022, bezel would be wrong for .012 though. My guess would be a 145.022 around 1969. Shame about the dial, but you can get them from time to time on eBay.

A bit of work and that will make a very desirable watch. Enjoy :)

8. JonathanDK Nov 21, 2016

Wow. Thanks a lot, i will look into it :)