Forums Latest Members
  1. erikalvner Oct 22, 2017

Hi! I'm completely new to the forums, but I recently graduated and my parents bought me a vintage gold Omega. It's beautiful and tells time perfectly. The only problem is that the auction house that sold it only gave the information that it's an 18k gold Omega, and barely any other information. The auction house sold two watches with the same name engraved on the backs of them (Thorbjörn Sundström), my Omega and a Certina. It's a small auction house in a Swedish town that has ties to lawyer firms and such, so they get a lot of items from people that die. (In Sweden you usually get a gold watch for having worked for a company for either 25 or 30 years, and they're engraved with your name or some company slogan).

Anyway, as said, the only things present on the watch is the "OMEGA AUTOMATIC" in the top and "-SWISS MADE-" in the bottom of the dial. And "TH. SUNDSTRÖM" on the back. If anyone has any information about it, I'd be so thankful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gordon Heavyfoot Oct 22, 2017

Looks like a nice unmolested example of a 60's gold dress watch. To learn the reference and the approximate year of manufacture you'll have to have a watchmaker or someone else skilled at opening watches open it for you so you can take pics of the inside caseback and movement. You'll also need a service unless it's been serviced recently. Cheers.

3. erikalvner Oct 22, 2017

Alright. I was afraid of that. I've been to two local watchmakers, and they both said they couldn't open it. I live in Germany now and my German isn't very good, but from what I understood they said that they'd need to remove the crown and then lift the glass and the whole movement out.
    Anyway, I'll have to get it checked up. Really interested in what it might be! Thank you :)

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 22, 2017

If that’s what you heard, then your German is perfect.

That’s exactly correct. The movement comes out the front of the watch.
    gatorcpa

5. erikalvner Oct 22, 2017

Alright, thank you so much again! And for the German part, it was mostly gesturing, but thanks for that as well haha!