Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

Dear Respectable members:

I'm awaiting something that I've been searching for most of 2012..tirelessly, impatiently, trawling through eBay listings, auctions, flea markets. Everything you can think of...!!

But, 'touch wood' it's on it's way and I don't think I can contain myself..

I've only been collecting vintage Omegas for the past year and I've learnt SO much from this great forum. And the amazing range of expertise. The advice really has been invaluable..

This watch has passed many hands and I want to thank Justin for making my year, It's not only a black dial, but a waffle black dial and its a constellation. Probably my all time favourite combination in an Omega watch..

Here is the only picture, courtesy of Justin..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358973062.376750.jpg

The next watch "In transit" is a waffle dial dagger hand constellation with a two tone dial...

I don't have any pictures of the watch but that's part of the excitement for when it does finally arrive. January has been a good month so far, it's usually one of my personal worst ! :(

2012 was a terrible year for me in that I lost two of my Grandparents, both of whom were extremely dear to me. I think in some small but significant way learning about vintage watches and this forum has been a way of coping with the grievances. Not a replacement but it has helped me re-evaluate things and keep me enthused and excited about what treasures are lurking out there and the amazing feeling you get back from learning about other collectors and their interests... This may all sound like a load of mumbo jumbo, but it makes some sense to me at least !

Another watch which wasn't on the initial grail list is a Pink gold Ranchero.
    Cal 297.

It's a really beautiful watch..IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358973569.549170.jpg

I have obtained another classic which had to be in the collection..

A Seamaster Chronometre.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358973684.819360.jpg

I had my eyes on Kyles for sometime and when he agreed to sell it to me I was a bit low in funds, but I soon found a way after selling a few pieces I could live without..Where there's a will there's a way! ;)

I have another personal grail I've recently added..A Cartier with stepped dial similar to the Tank Solo but in my opinion more classic and Art Deco in style.. I have always had a soft spot for blue dials and the combination of manual wind, blue dial with gold stepped case ticked all of my boxes..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358973795.935058.jpg

Of course, my grail watches will change in that I may search for cleaner examples and strive for more knowledge, but this is where I am at this point in time..Anyway..

Happy watch collecting people! :)

NT931, Privateday7 and AJDay like this.
  2. Mothra Jan 23, 2013

You have some fantastic watches there and a real range as well....

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jan 23, 2013

Some EXCELLENT scores there! :thumbsup:

And my condolences on your loss. :(

So can we safely say you're a believer in "watch season"?

4. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

Thanks Dennis!

YES. I'm definitely a believer... It's been, for me, one of the best times to collect ! :)

5. ulackfocus Jan 23, 2013

Oh - dibs on the Cartier.

Not that I still have an itch for one, it's just that if I do visit Australia I want to be sure to always wear something like that around Ashley. :D

What's under the hood of that anyway, and is it solid gold or gold plate on silver?

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 23, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. :( You did have some nice additions in the watch world though! Did you have that Ranchero dial cleaned up?

7. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

:D It's gold plate, 20 microns.. Circa 1979.

As for the movement, I'm not really very familiar with their older movements but I can post a pic if it helps!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

8. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

Thanks Kyle ! It's not the gold one I posted at the beginning of the month. That one will need new hands and a crown. But I have decided to sell him.. (listed in the FS section) the one above is almost immaculate and rose gold, the dial is untouched, and the case has barely any wear at all..it's a cal 267 and the yellow cold is a 268 I think! I didn't need to do anything with it..

9. agee Jan 23, 2013

Congrats on some nice looking watches, you have a nice eye

10. pitpro Likes the game. Jan 23, 2013

Great watches. Never see Gold Ranchero available. and Pink! Wow. It looks Mint!

Dablitzer likes this.
  11. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 23, 2013

Ah, I thought they were the same watch. :p Let me know when you want to move your pink one, I'll be waiting. ;)

12. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

This one won't be leaving for a while...;) Ok, I got dibs on either of your waffles then, so keep me informed...:p

13. AJDay Jan 23, 2013

Very nice!

14. chiko7734 Jan 23, 2013

Back off, I have dibs on ALL Kyles Waffles ;)

Dablitzer likes this.
  15. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

DIBS:

Kyle - Pink gold Ranchero
    Dennis - Cartier

There, it's official! :D

16. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 23, 2013

Nice additions Dab. My condolences on your loss but also congrats on your newfound hobby and wonderful timepieces.

17. Dablitzer Jan 23, 2013

Thanks Gav, I'm starting to get a feel for what I like out there..But, like you well know it can change like the wind! ::love::
    Your new Zenith by the way!

18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 23, 2013

A beautiful combination for connie......... black + gold accent is very nice..... waffle guilloche makes it perfect.

My condolences Al..............

You are really lucky to get several highly desired grails.....Congrats

Dablitzer likes this.
  19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 23, 2013

A beautiful combination for connie......... black + gold accent is very nice..... waffle guilloche makes it perfect.

My condolences Al..............

You are really lucky to get several highly desired grails.....Congrats

20. alam Jan 23, 2013

Very nice collection you got here! :thumbsup: My vote as favorites go to the two above! And, yes indeed, the Ranchero is a beautiful watch! ::love::

Dablitzer likes this.