Forums Latest Members

Incoming, Zenith El Primero Striking 10th

1. kurtj29 Jul 12, 2016

I can blame @Nobel Prize for this. I viewed his Zenith El Primero thread and now I just got this in the mail! Today, I just got home and experienced the joy of opening a package from DavidSW. DavidSW is such a class act. I traded in my Rolex Polar Explorer II 216570 for this new Zenith. David made the transaction so easy. I think I started thinking about it on Tuesday of last week, chatted online on Wednesday and agreed to terms on Thursday. I sent him by watch on Friday, and now here it is Tuesday and I have my new Zenith. Wow, just wow! And DavidSW set my new watch to West Coast time - that's great customer service. Just impressed all the way around.

The watch is just fantastic. And to think I did not even know this watch existed 3 weeks ago.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Pleasantly surprised that it is little bigger than my 42mm Speedmaster 3507. It is more like the size of my departed Rolex Polar Explorer II 216570. Also notice, out of the box, DavidSW set my watch to west coast time.

image.jpeg

Just stunning!

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 12, 2016

Yes, but you no longer need a Rolex for validation. You is all grown up now! Enjoy!

Fattony, tcsasser, ELV web and 3 others like this.
  3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 12, 2016

I have some smaller, older?, examples. Congrats and enjoy!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tubber, Fattony, ahartfie and 4 others like this.
  4. kurtj29 Jul 12, 2016

I think for my first "expensive" watch, getting the Rolex was the safe bet. I really liked it but in the end, flipping it for the Zenith was an easy decision. My Speedmaster Michael Schumacher 3507 was relegating the Rolex to the drawer. Now I wonder when I will wear the Speedy again.

Fattony and LouS like this.
  5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 12, 2016

Fantastic buy!! I do love mine and would like it even more if it was the striking 10 because Iove the complication. Aesthetically it is a stunning watch on the wrist. I never quite got it until I saw it in person.

Glad I inspired you. Enjoy!

kurtj29 likes this.
  6. sarir97 Jul 13, 2016

Mine says hello and welcome to the club!

[​IMG]

kurtj29 likes this.
  7. Fattony Jul 30, 2016

Love this post and the validation comment absolutely spot on I had a bi metal sub for years before I got into the beauty of the movements in a watch I now wear a zenith pilot most days and when alone love looking at the exhibition back lol cheers Tony

kurtj29 likes this.