Forums Latest Members

Incoming ... Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT

1. STEELE Dec 24, 2013

Had my eye on this for several months and the time was right. Due to traveling, the 8500 offers an easy means of switching timezones with the independent adjusting of the hour hand. Every time I purchase a new piece, I commit to selling one from inventory but .... hmmm ... not so easily done. Anyway, here are some pictures of the recent addition to the family (package is the same as most other Omega's, so I've not replicated those):

Ref: 231.13.43.22.01.001
    IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0508.JPG

Varasc, Hijak, Privateday7 and 5 others like this.
  2. Spy You know my name. Dec 24, 2013

Handsome GMT. I forgot OMEGA made this model because I always think about the SMP GMT and the new PO GMT. It certainly has a more formal appeal over the others. Congrats!

3. STEELE Dec 24, 2013

Thanks! I have several SMP dive watches but have come to really like the A.T. look - something sporty without the dive bezel. It's going to see exclusive wrist time for a few weeks.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2013

I love how they went with date at six on this and the Day-Date AT 8500, very reminiscent of the old bumper Seamasters

5. Spy You know my name. Dec 24, 2013

I remember those days. A new watch is one of the greatest things in the world. It was kind of funny what happened after I bought my first modern SMP. I was in a meeting and I kept looking down at my watch because I admired it so much and it was new. My boss called me out and asked if I have somewhere to be. I told him no and he continued on with what he was saying. Four seconds later I was back to looking at my SMP. He caught me again and asked why do I keep looking at my wrist if I have nowhere to go. I told him I had just got a new watch and I really like it. Guess what? He then asked what kind of watch I had? I told him OMEGA SMP and showed it to him. He looked at it and then showed me his watch, a SMP 2531.80.

Do I remember anything about that meeting other than this story? No. If my life depended on it I could not tell you what was talked about that day.

6. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2013

+1 - looks great!

7. MKelley Dec 24, 2013

I want one. One day if I'm very very good, all the stars have aligned in my favor and of course, the price is right...then it will be, "carpe diem" for me.

Very distinguished and elegant look, without the dive bezel.

8. khoalety Dec 24, 2013

This is one of my favorite GMT watches. It is too big for my wrist or else I'd get one. Man! What a piece!!! Congratulations.

9. STEELE Dec 24, 2013

Thanks guys! My first GMT and loving it. Likely cycle others watches in after a few weeks of wrist ogling!

10. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2013

How's that bullet casing case backed Bond watch doing? It must be jealous since it was the last modern Omega mistress you had. :p

11. STEELE Dec 24, 2013

Dennis! Must be old age! You have forgotten about the "AT Rider Cup" :)

SMP 50 Anniversary was sharing the spot light with the Rider Cup but now, it's been bumped for a while. I found while traveling overseas, that it's so quick and easy to change the 8500's for new time zones. Now I have a white and a black Aqua Terra - what more do I need for everyday use? Thinking it might be time to part with the blue SMP300 'Bond' watch - hardly wear it and I see too many of them on others.

12. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2013

Doh! I did forget about that one Paul. ::shy::

13. STEELE Dec 24, 2013

I don't post often enough to be remember - distracted with life until it pauses. The new fling should help keep me focus for a while.
    I'm finding the leather strap does make quite a difference on how the watch feels on the wrist - welcome the change!