Forums Latest Members

Incoming! Glashütte Original PanoMaticLunar with Glashütte "Deployant" and Blue Gator Strap.

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2013

Arrived after weeks of unimagined delays (not the sellers fault)
    My first German watch.

Actually Trev and I embarked on this adventure about the same time. We were both emotionally smitten.
    The seller and I persevered despite inefficient banks (two), bungling Postal personnel, Snow delays, lost delays, you name we had it. The watch journey through hell. I can highly recommend seller, new member Queue, AKA QueueCumber on The Rolex Forum (TRF). The watch was meticulously packed and arrived in perfect shape. A real gentleman.

Trev and I went complementary, so we have white and blue, needless to say, I have the blue. My assessment is the watch is in mint condition, equivalent to NOS.
    Here are some quick iphone snaps. G1.jpg G2.jpg G3.jpg G4.jpg G5.jpg G6.jpg G7.jpg G8.jpg G9.jpg G10.jpg

Once again,if you haven't already watched the youtube video tour featuring the manufacturing processes of Glashütte Original, it's definitely worth a look:

2. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2013

::love:: I knew I should have grabbed that during it's 'detour' through Philly and NJ. :D Major NFW!

So this means I won't get anymore panicked phone calls, right?

ps - your Easter eggs have petrified.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2013

No, I am available to accept yours now.:p

4. Hijak Dec 18, 2013

NFW!:thumbsup: That is one magnificent movement.

5. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Dec 18, 2013

I am now consumed with want. As I have mentioned, I once visited a Glashutte dealer intent on buying a PML, and emerged with a different model. I did get a similarly sweet box, though... no real regrets... until now.

6. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2013

The Senator, right?

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 18, 2013

Nice one...I could stare at that movement for hours! :thumbsup:

8. Hijak Dec 18, 2013

+1 on that!::love::

9. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 18, 2013

Very nice Christmas present for yourself. Love the German watches.

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2013

From my wife actually , I always try to help :D

11. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Dec 18, 2013

Yes Dennis.

[​IMG]

Don't worry, I'm taking good care of it for you.

I was trapped in the Galleria in Dallas one weekend, pushing the baby carriage around and around that cylindrical shrine to conspicuous consumption for two days straight while my wife had a work thing there, bored to death. A very dangerous place to be trapped and bored to death. A Tourneau and some high-end jewellers, among even worse stuff. My justification for buying this watch was that I didn't buy any signed Picasso's while I was there. Even my wife understands that it could have been worse.

cicindela, SpikiSpikester and Trev like this.
  12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 20, 2013

That is certainly a beauty::love:: . I this point I wonder how many Glashütte's I will end up with :eek: .