Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

I love seeing the courier pull up in the driveway ;)

Here's what lobbed today (clunk clunk)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Question is....how do I get it open to check the engine room?????

And if anyone knows the reference details that'd be good too.

Sorry about the crappy pics, will post better ones after some TLC and COA.

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2013

TLC = Travel & Living Channel ????
    COA = Chart of Account ?????

Hmmm looks like my we have different abbreviation dictionary here ::confused2::

3. Sherbie Apr 5, 2013

TLC I know, that tender loving care

COA I don't recognise

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

TLC - Tender Loving Care
    COA - Clean, Oil, Adjust

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

It's OK, the back is a snap-on that hadn't been replaced with the slot for the caseknife in the right place.

I used a mates Global sushi knife to get it open without any damage. To my watch that is! (he's not home so he doesn't know ;-))

Inside is a nice cal 354, some light spotting and light wear to the edge of the rotor. I suspect it hasn't been serviced in the last twenty or thirty years going by the gunk on some of the wheels, I'll just let it run down until it's serviced.

I haven't got my tools with me so I'm not going to go any further until I get home.

I reckon it'll come up a treat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 5, 2013

good pickup

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2013

Probably there should be a sticky notes somewhere as reference for newbie about many WIS or Omega related abbreviation .
    I remember I scratched my head when people say WIS, OVD, OHPF, CONUS, SMPP, SMP, etc in the forum when I just joined.

Just my two cents

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 5, 2013

CONUS - continental US
    ANUS - anywhere in the US

UncleBuck, ulackfocus and JimInOz like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

:p

10. mac_omega Apr 5, 2013

I joined this forum just recently and I wonder what the abbreviation DIBS stands for - I only guess that somebody wants to buy the watch if it should be sold some time, but what stands DIBS for, abbreviation for what?
    Please educate a nebie

11. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 5, 2013

Dibs is a short name for Privateday7.... and he keeps calling out his name in every thread ::bleh::

Privateday7 likes this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

"Dibs" is an old call from school playground days where you would call "I bags dibs on that XXXXX" where XXXX was the latest new thing someone came to school with and everyone else felt that they needed it.

It was usually the richest kid in school who bought the XXXX and the other kids knew he would tire of in within days an would unload it for a fraction of the original price.

Therefore, the first kid to call out "I bags dibs on that XXXX" was, by an unspoken rule of agreements between as yet pubescent gentlemen, the first one entitled to front up with a suitable trade, e.g. a bag of marbles, a supershot shanghai (catapult) or his left kidney (depending on the rarity of the XXXX and the desire of the dibber.

This of course is an Australian (South Aus) version of dibs from the 1950s and may bear no reality to the current enviroment in which we all find ourselves.

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2013

Yes.......... I am desperately waiting for any of My DIBS to release their tight hold to their collection to no avail.
    That's why I am still DIBSing several other......
    But trust me after my DIBS on a Grand Luxe already fulfilled I'll settle myself nice (cross my finger).

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

There is of course, a parallel in our environment, where a "dibs on that XXXX" confers a first right to grab an item of desire, an 18K Centenary Seamaster for example.

However, there is always another kid in the back of the crowd willing to offer a bigger bag of marbles, and bigger bags usually overcome the original dibber's offer.

Sad but true, it's just the way it is now.

;)

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2013

I am those poor kids who see all other collection with googling and expectant eyes, and wish those rich kids quickly bored with their toys ......... (so far never happened :D)

16. ulackfocus Apr 5, 2013

Safe to call that a score. :thumbsup:

17. mac_omega Apr 5, 2013

Ok, now I understand the meaning behind - thanks a lot for your education!

kind regards