Forums Latest Members

In Sydney, Aus, on May 3rd and fancy a hot date? Er....

1. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Mar 21, 2012

Want to meet like minded people? Like to while away the hours in the company of blokes in a dark room? Want to listen and participate in an orgy.... of Omega?!

Ok, silly comments aside, I thought I should let people know that Nick Hacko (pre owned watch seller based in Sydney) is hosting an Omega presentation entitled 'Collecting 70's Omega Sportswatches', the talk will be given by someone who you might know, Ie me.... LOL!

Event will run from 5:30 or so, til about 9pm and will involve a presentation on some cool watches with my hints and tips at values and which models to get, and also there will light refreshments. Cost is $40 and you will need to book by emailing Nick.

If i can find the full blurb for it, I will repost it here...

2. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Mar 21, 2012

Ok, found the real blurb on the preso, part way down this page: http://nickhacko.blogspot.com.au/

Watch talk: Collecting Vintage Omega Sportswatches: May 3, 2012

[​IMG]
    Once again, I have asked Jon Wallis (Author of the Desk Divers and Plo Prof websites, and well known for his Omega PloProf book, amongst other things) to join us one evening and run a presentation about collecting Omega Sportswatches from the '70s.

You may remember that we have done a couple of similar presentations before and they always had a good buzz as Jon is a really good presenter and a collector who's not only knowledgeable, but also really loves these watches. To give you guys the best chance of gathering as much information as possible we hope this time to also have a strong 'show and tell' element to the evening. So bring along your sportswatches along with your wish-list, and we can pick Jon's brain as well as hear his useful collecting hints and tips along the way.

As before, this will be an evening session in our Sydney city office and will start at 5:30 on Thursday May 3rd and run for approximately 3 hours. There will be nibbles and drinks provided, but space is limited so you really must book. Sorry, but you cannot just turn up on the night as we only have a small venue. Tickets at $40 per person. If you reserve a place then please do turn up. Sorry I had to mention that but if you have a space booked that means it is reserved for you and someone else is missing out. If you have to cancel, please do so as early as possible.

Some of the things Jon has promised that he will talk about: "Want to know more about the vast range of Omega sports watches from the 1970s? Need to know your Flightmaster from your Speedmaster, and your Constellation from your DeVille? Want to know which are the most accurate and which are the rarest of the range? Want to get to know some quartz watches that actually are collectable? And of course, we hope to have some Omegas to look at, touch and also talk about, plus answer your questions on the night!"

We all are aware that we haven't had much of a summer this year, but as we head into Autumn we should all have something to look forward to, and so lets plan the evening to be held on Thursday May 3rd. (Let your other half and the kids go shopping in the CDB while you chat about watches! :) )

3. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Mar 21, 2012

mods I assume that letting people know about this talk is ok? if not feel free to remove of course :)

4. ulackfocus Mar 21, 2012

This is the kind of thing I'd really dig. The problem is the commute.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 21, 2012

Any chance of setting up video recording for the event? Completely fine with you posting it.

6. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Mar 21, 2012

Thanks guys.

Hmm... yeah that's some commute... but hey, gather together some friends and if you can cover the ticket/room/fees etc and put me up and feed and water me, Id happily come and do the same talk in your neck of the woods... :)

Cant see it being videod, its not much fun if youre not represented in person to be honest, these evenings are as much about teh chat and banter as they are about the presentation really. :/

7. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux May 2, 2012

Ok, this event is on tomorrow and i think there may be one spare place left, but thats it afaik. If anyone wants to go, please contact Nick to book the place. :)