Forums Latest Members

In Some Cases We Will Never Know For Sure

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 21, 2019

[​IMG]
    Sometimes we see a watch that we don’t recognize. Either it was very rare, a fake, a frankenwatch or a prototype. Today, we have a watch like that for you here on Fratello. A gold Speedmaster Professional that looks very similar to the well-known and sought-after BA145.022-69, but with a strange looking dial. We don’t […]

Visit In Some Cases We Will Never Know For Sure to read the full article.

gippo and Nathan1967 like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy May 21, 2019

Looks nice

gemini4 likes this.
  3. incabloc May 21, 2019

whyboddau, kov and Cad290 like this.
  4. Speedmasterfan88 May 21, 2019

@Robert-Jan
    I held a very similar watch (or the same watch?) in hand at the Munich watch fair in March. I would say it‘s the same watch, but if memory serves me right the dealer was not from Portugal. Maybe he sold it that day to the Portuguese owner.
    Or I remember it wrong.

Definitely it was a BA145.022-69, with the black gold bezel, the striking white dial and tritium spots at the hour markers.

Very interesting piece indeed.
    I was hesitant to pull the trigger for the reasons you stated in your article concerning the origins of the dial.

Now if it wasn’t the same watch, that would make two of them.

I couldn’t take pictures as the seller declined when I asked if I could take some and I respected this. It‘s his watch after all.

@incabloc

Very similar but different. Look at the length of the hour indices at 3 and 9. the DD145.022 ones are shorter. Plus no tritium spots at the markers, but those could have been added later I guess.

Thanks for the article.

Cheers,

Max

Robert-Jan and kov like this.