Forums Latest Members
  1. SectionEht Jun 3, 2012

I was hoping if someone can tell me if what I'm searching for exists.
    1960's or earlier
    Manual wind
    Time only, no date
    35mm or larger diameter
    Solid 14k or 18k gold
    White or creme dial
    Under $2000

Also, when looking at vintage Omegas, how do you tell if it's gold plated, capped, filled, or solid? Is there usually a karat mark on it somewhere visible or is it only under the caseback lid?

Thanks!

2. ulackfocus Jun 3, 2012

I'm not familiar with many manual wind models, but I think you'd like the Genève 36 mm models from the mid to late 50's. They use 26x series calibers and meet all your criteria.

Gold capped has a steel caseback and you can see the edge of the capping on the back of the lugs. The others always have some kind of mark. Solid gold will have hallmarks on the back of the lugs or side of the case. Gold plated will say 'plaque 20 m' or something similar.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 3, 2012

Generally, on solid gold Swiss made Omega cases there should be a small hallmark behind one of the lugs. Here is an example:

[​IMG]

See the lower left lug in the above photograph. You can't see it here, but 18K gold will have a very tiny Queen's head and 14K gold will have a squirrel inside the hallmark.

Given the slight decline in the price of gold recently, the price is somewhat high and I'm not crazy about the country of origin, but it does meet your critieria.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...925764154?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c27bcba3aPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Take care,
    gatorcpa

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 3, 2012

Yes, It does exist.

Trésor 2687. 18K solid rose gold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

37.5 mm in diameter (excluding crown) powered by a 265 manual winding movement.

Best.

5. Trinxd Jun 4, 2012

14k or 18k Gold Omega will have 14k stamped on it ( for example , 14k Gold D & A ) .D & A stands for DiVincenzo & Arienti.
    Gold plated Watches would also indicate it is plated on the case.

om (4)r.jpg om (11)r.jpg om (8)r.jpg om (9)r.jpg omegasea.jpg

6. SectionEht Jun 4, 2012

This is a great option. I'm not loving the S. America origin either. I think I'll hold out for the right one.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help! I am really enjoying this forum. Everyone is so helpful and the vintage focus is great!

7. SectionEht Jun 4, 2012

This is absolutely perfect! It's even rose gold which is my preference. Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be a hard to find, not so common model?

8. Steve Jun 4, 2012

Omega Geneve 9k, 1954..

$(KGrHqZ,!jIE-Nqs!3cmBPnEVtSsow~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!p8E9lqGSW5LBPnEWEMSQQ~~60_3.JPG