Forums Latest Members

In honor of SkunkPrince...

1. pdxleaf ... Feb 19, 2023

I love you guys..

20230219_195602.jpg

... is what SkunkPrince would post right now.

Peace, brother.

2. sheepdoll Feb 19, 2023

Reminds me of the electrolytic furnaces used to make the synthetic jewel Boules I saw in Switzerland back in the 1990s.

It was an article on jewel making what made me realize that what I thought were two different books (One lost) was actually a single book.

The net is now the electronic campfire. Sorry I did not get to know Tom. It almost looks like the flames in that photo are in motion.

All I can say is the Universe is weird. That there are some strange things. When I was little, my uncle worked for the airlines, My cousins would get typewriters from their father. He also gave me typewriters and reel to reel tape recorders to play with. I loved my uncles collection of Popular mechanics magazines. Especially the electronics ones all about computer chips and the future.

I would pretend to type on the old typewriters (sadly my parents threw them away.) Sometimes I would pretend to type things. Without paper or ribbon. Some of these would be messages to whomever. Not really my diciest brothers. That would be too much insanity. Just thoughts no one would ever read as I was banging the keys on the platen. (probably not so good for them.)

Later ARPANET USENET and other BBSs came along. Guess I still like writing things to the wind.

Curious from the point of the past, I live in a state named after a mythical island where there was gold. I also live in their future. They could not know me and I can only guess at them from little bits left behind. Most however not even that.

Here is to Tom. Gone but not forgotten.

RevZMan123 likes this.
  3. RevZMan123 Feb 20, 2023

Here here. It seemed like every watch I picked last week was one that had a strap from our buddy. My calendar, my Railmaster, my DeVille, my Dunklings, my Certina ... Even fired up the GSTP he had me buy from the Ukraine. I have davek making me a lanyard so I can carry it now and then.

I was chatting with his sister Cindi and I was showing her some of the stuff we bought together and the trade we just made. Told her about the forums and she was mostly shocked at our reach. From his home in Wisconsin to mine in New Jersey to Archer in Canada to Ash in Australia and beyond, we truly are a worldwide family.

blubarb, mydeafcat, Walrus and 3 others like this.
  4. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 20, 2023

You’re a good man for thinking about him and honouring him sir.

UWG likes this.
  5. JwRosenthal Feb 20, 2023

Still can’t believe he’s gone. Saw that someone posted in a thread he started in 2015 under his old handle and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the avatar pop up in the feed.

6. Walrus Feb 20, 2023

I had that experience for a minute when I went to pay for my watch that fedex lost I went onto PayPal and toms pic and name were there as I had bought a few things from him. I just paused for a moment.

blubarb, RevZMan123 and JwRosenthal like this.