Forums Latest Members
  1. philgund Oct 1, 2015

So my main focus has been to try and get a "dressier" type of watch and so I've been looking at stainless steel options highlighted by the wonderful people on this forum. I'm down to searching for SS versions of the Omega Constellation Pie Pan and/or the UG Polerouter Date. However, in my search I stumbled on this Omega Admiralty Ref 133.015 with a Cal 601 and was taken back by the wonderful patina and style which reminds me of the Explorer 2 in a strange way. Needless to say, I jumped on it and have to be honest that i'm not sure I did enough homework on this piece (watch has yet to be delivered).

There is little info out there, but the reputable online dealer told me the movement has been serviced and that all is original. That said, would love any input from the group to help shed some light on the history and where I stand. Oh, in full transparency and education, I paid $1350.

As always, thank you for educating a novice watch lover.

OmegaAdmiral 1.jpg OmegaAdmiral 2.jpg
    1685 and wwhntr like this.
  2. abrod520 Oct 1, 2015

I'm not an expert and can't speak to value, originality etc but that's a very pretty watch and I'd even be glad to wear it as-is :)

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 1, 2015

If you're getting the expander bracelet as well then you've done well.

So factor in the costs.

Servicing, less $300

Bracelet, less $400

So you paid about $650 for the watch which is in very nice condition.

Please PM if you don't like bracelets and decide to sell. :)

philgund likes this.
  4. philgund Oct 1, 2015

@JimInOz I did get the expander bracelet and will let you know how I like it when I finally get it. ;) Thanks for the thoughts and breakdown.

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 1, 2015

Darn hair pullers them.. ;)

philgund likes this.
  6. Brench Oct 2, 2015

Lovely dial! and the bracelet is just plain cool

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 2, 2015

Hi @JimInOz
    with regards to the expanding bracelet

I just bought a nice Connie with box and papers at auction -and it comes with one of these 'Omega' fixo-flex bracelets
    seemingly original to when the watch was bought -1965
    In my post I asked if anyone had any info on them as I hadn't seen one before -but nothing came back :unsure:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/incoming-connie-b-ps-and-omega-fixo-flex-expanding-bracelet.29735/

as you can see from the post I was suggesting the fixo-flex would stay in the box!
    I'll be honest, I was disappointed that it wasn't a BoR bracelet

are these expanding bracelets desirable? any info would be appreciated as I haven't been able to find any

-I didn't think they would be worth as much as a BoR but from your estimate they appear to perhaps be worth more -is that correct?
    I have heard they are hair rippers but am I undervaluing them as a bracelet and a bit of Omega history?

36 (3).jpg

Philip