Forums Latest Members

Impressive Repair Turn Around Time

1. RRMagyar Mar 24, 2017

My Seamaster Professional Diver 300 was bought new from an OB in August 2015. It stopped running last month so I dropped it off at the OB for warrenty service on February 25. Last night, less than a month later, the Boutique emailed me and said the watch was back. I have yet to pick it up but that strikes me as seriously impressive service!

Spy likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 24, 2017

I've been waiting 2 months for my 2254.5. You must have sneaked in ahead of me.

3. night0wl Mar 24, 2017

Over 1 month now for my 9300

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 24, 2017

They told me April. Omega also serviced my Electric Blue. The OB told me three months and it was back in 6 weeks.

5. Spy You know my name. Mar 24, 2017

If you send your watch for service through an OB they will send it to Seattle. OMEGA has a service center in Seattle just for boutiques. All other mediums will send your watch to NJ or LA. My 2254 went there and my watch was returned in 6 weeks just as they promised. I got notices throughout the entire period on its status. I was impressed with it.

6. RRMagyar Mar 24, 2017

Thanks for that information. I knew the watch went to Seattle, but I did not know it was an OB-only service center.

7. Spy You know my name. Mar 24, 2017

That is what I was told when I questioned the general understanding NJ serviced the east coast. Considering how many OB there are in USA, they can afford to spend more time on each watch.

8. night0wl Mar 25, 2017

My OB made it sound like NJ and Los Angeles were inferior in tech compared to Seattle. I mean I don't know how much meaning there is behind that ? I've read some bad things about the NJ one but nothing about the Culver City one. At the end of it all it's an Omega so if there's still a problem you can always just send it right back. It's not like their techs are not certified to work on these pieces so i really don't understand the animosity towards NJ or LA with the boutiques? Am I missing something?

9. Spy You know my name. Mar 25, 2017

From my personal experience, I sent a PO I once owned to NJ and there was no issue. Tourneau sent it to NJ, got updates throughout, watch returned in good time and working like a horse. Considering that not everyone that owns an OMEGA posts on forums, the bad stories are probably low in comparison to what we read here.

The OB's have a "private" service center. That would make me feel snobbish too. As I said previously, this affords techs more time with each watch. Service centers for non-OB's probably have to move it along so owners do not have to survive long without their watch. There is an excellence reputation to be preserved.

Edited Mar 25, 2017