Forums Latest Members
  1. Fazmaster Mar 15, 2015

Ok..I'm not a regular participant here but I know many who are and they know me. I have been part of the watch collecting community for many many years and Omega has always been a very important part of my passion for watches. I always viewed this forum as serious and welcoming.

I am dumbfounded by the replies I have received to a post from some members here who can't hold their hate for a certain model to themselves when the question asked to the forum had nothing to do with soliciting an opinion with regards to their taste for this particular model. Even more surprising, this came from members with thousands of posts.

Cheers,

Faz

yinzerniner likes this.
  2. redpcar Mar 15, 2015

::popcorn::

3. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Mar 15, 2015

Can you please elaborate? You've alerted me to something I wasn't even aware of and now I want to go back and read your original posts!

4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 15, 2015

Click on his icon, and then click on "posts." Or if using Tapatalk, click on "Replies."

5. Redwheelbarrow Mar 15, 2015

Statements of taste are subjective and generally welcome here. There have been no personal attacks, prejudice or violations of civil liberties. Some cultures promote freedom of speech more than others. Many members appreciate the lack of censorship on this forum.

6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Mar 15, 2015

I'm with this guy.
    Though I would not like it much if someone said they hated a watch that was my pride and joy but was just an opinion and it is nice to have a forum where they can be expressed freely.

Fazmaster likes this.
  7. marturx Mar 16, 2015

IMO OP is being over-sensitive

8. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Mar 16, 2015

I think you are expressing a post hoc fallacy in assuming that you received those replies just because those comments happened to follow yours. I think tbe comment made by @DLT222 here was more likely an outburst resulting from a common condition known as watch collector's Tourettes ;):p.

Tjmmartin likes this.
  9. Scan Mar 16, 2015

People will always be like this, everyone has different options on everything. But I would want to hurt someone's feelings for the hell of it.

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 16, 2015

Faz,
    Since I also involved in the thread that you are talking about, I think there are some clarification needed.
    First, welcome to this forum. I mean it. I am a proud member of this forum and always glad to have more members join this forum.
    Like many other forums or any groups, there are norm and habits built up as result of dialogue and interaction from many members, which if you follow patiently you will discover it. Then you can decide whether you want to stay or maybe move on to other forum which suited your preference better.
    I myself found this forum very enjoyable because:
    (1) It had the deepest pool of experts in the area that I interest most (vintage Omega) and who are willing to share their knowledge generously.
    (2) It also had very little censorship. We can talk freely here. Only the most iritating troll or blatant scammers got banished here, unlike many other watch forums.
    (3) Lastly it has jovial, humourus and tongue in cheek conversation nature which I love very much. Certainly it requires a healthy dose of sense of humour as well as positive thinking on other posters intention. I could vouch you when Dlt222 said he hated moon to mars dial, he doesn't have any intention to hurt you, rather it express his frustation on this certain type of speedmaster ( which not for other type of speedmaster Pros that he has and loves). The same with me when somebody suggested to have side by side photo of moon to mars dial speedy, I teased that no owner of moon to mars (I am included) will go to a watch gathering just to compare moon to mars dial. I know I could spend money and go abroad from my country if I want to see my friend's speedy CK 2915 or 2998 in a gathering, but certainly not for moon to Mars. I apologize if you take it not too well, but I can not change the nature of this forum. It will still be like this and that's the part that I enjoy.

Best,
    H

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 16, 2015

Yeah, that @DLT222 is a real arsehole, 2 posts out of nearly 2000 that hit a raw nerve.

I reckon he should be banned for that!!!!! (note the four @UncleBuck exclamations)

Never mind the countless other times where he's gone to extraordinary lengths to help other members, even when faced with a personal crisis he pushed on with his mission.

Never mind the time he's spent as a mod, what a wus, all he has to do is protect us from scammers and trolls. I'm sure that only takes about a minute a day.

Never mind his offers to assist members get watches safely delivered from continent to continent.

Never mind etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, never mind all that, let's get out the tar and feathers boys.

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 16, 2015

Sorry, got carried away there.

My hint to the OP comes from an old Aussie icon, Mr Chopper Read.

His message to humanity.......................

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

Chopper's gone and I think he can stay gone :)

DLT222 likes this.
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 16, 2015

Teaspoon of cement a day should fix it for you

15. ulackfocus Mar 16, 2015

Suggestions for a better forum existence on any internet discussion site:

1) Grow thicker skin.

2) Learn to give & take barbs.

3) Don't read too much into comments that disagree with your opinion.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

noelekal, Charlie3755, Trev and 4 others like this.
  16. Fazmaster Mar 16, 2015

I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I am all for people saying what they feel. I was just surprised that a simple request for collector knowledge resulted in some needing to vent their hate for a certain model and use forum space for insignificane. Something I have never experienced on other forums. Especially, I never implied someone should be banned nor should they. My replies to those posts accurately describe my opinion to their contributions.

Cheers,

17. Fazmaster Mar 16, 2015

Hi H,

I thank you for your thoughtful comments here and on my initial post. I figured that like or not, the subject of a weird or unusual dial would create friendly and creative banter. To a point it did and I hope it will continue to do so. I can honestly say that stuff like that didn't hurt me a second. I just thought it was a waste of space as I was expecting more substantial opinions and comments to the subject matter.

As a new member of this forum, I didn't know that this might happen. I simply never experienced it.

Cheers!

Faz

18. Fazmaster Mar 16, 2015

I will certainly keep this in mind.....I can certainly see the edgier character of this forum in comparison to others.

Cheers,

19. lwong Mar 16, 2015

20. Fazmaster Mar 16, 2015

Thanks to all you replied...Now let's move on to watches.

Cheers,