Forums Latest Members

I'm confused, Calling PO experts

1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 4, 2015

Aren't all planet oceans ceramic bezels at this point except for the titianium version which uses liquid metal? The Omega site doesn't list ceramic as a specification.

image.jpg
  2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 4, 2015

that black bezel is ceramic. The case and band are stainless steel. The orange ones still use an aluminum insert with exception of the platinum orange ceramic

3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 4, 2015

White bezels are ceramic too.

Frunkinator likes this.
  4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 4, 2015

Thanks George that's what I thought. You would think Omega would prefer to market its use of the ceramic like the new SMPc...

Edited Mar 4, 2015
  5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 4, 2015

They chose to leave the PO bezel not shiny like the SM300. Was a design choice

6. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 4, 2015

I love the look personally. I know many people don't like the grey tone but I do, it positively offsets the dial color to me.

7. lerxst Mar 5, 2015

My understanding is that even on the liquidmetal ones, only the marks, numbers, etc on the bezel are made of "liquidmetal". The rest of the bezel uses the same ceramic material as all the other PO bezels (with the previously mentioned exception of orange, because no one has managed to do that color well in a ceramic material yet).