Forums Latest Members

If you were to start your own watch company what will you call it and what type of watches would you

1. kostas123 Apr 25, 2017

I would call mine Lume Whore I would make watches with insane amount of lume on them. The logo would be the naked
    lady sticker truckers put on their trucks

lume.jpg
    argonbeam, chanbar, Kazyole and 2 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 25, 2017

EatMan, trackpad, Jwit and 5 others like this.
  3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 25, 2017

Overstated opulence temporarily catches your eye....
    Understated elegance.......catches your heart forever.

Just ask my Queen.

gemini4, Rman and dougiedude like this.
  4. michael22 Apr 25, 2017

It worked for Bob Loveless, in the knife world.
    wh7-3b_550.jpg
    He even changed babes from time to time
    images.jpg

chanbar, FullyWound, Rman and 2 others like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 25, 2017

Apparently that logo is not just for trucks [or watches]. :D

IMG_3976.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG

6. kostas123 Apr 25, 2017

7. kostas123 Apr 25, 2017

lol

8. Canuck Apr 25, 2017

She wouldn't be long to get hard with. OOPS! She wouldn't be hard to get along with.

Mad Dog and Fritz like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 25, 2017

And what would you call it after puberty.

kkt, Trev, gostang9 and 2 others like this.
  10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 25, 2017

This place is getting more like a school playground every day. As a thread, this would be better placed on WUS where there is a higher number of puerile participants.

dougiedude, Kmart, aap and 5 others like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 26, 2017

Well mine would be called Stewart, with models named "Grumpy," "no fun," and "he has a point"

EatMan and Fritz like this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 26, 2017

Who's doing your FOD walks?

They need an ass kickin'

BTW, like your splash guards. And Mr SG too of course!

Mad Dog likes this.
  13. Rman Apr 26, 2017

He printed the reverse nude on the opposite side with reverse logo in those years in Riverside. In other words both sides of the blade had printing.

michael22 likes this.
  14. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

"Lume Whore" is an awful idea for a variety of incredibly obvious reasons.

Instead, you should focus on "Tiny Dick's Timepieces".

Make them in a variety of sizes from 100-500mm diameter, with lume that can be seen from the outer reaches of the solar system, dials based on your uncles watch collection, hands that are so reflective than even under a 1w bulb, they sear your retina, and engraved into tthe sapphire crystal (needed so you can see if the battery has started to leak), extra hardened display back, the company slogan of "I love my Tiny Dick".

Post pictures on instagram, showing the world your "Tiny Dick", and how much it glows.

Start a kickstarter, offering the models at prices which will surely quadruple once your "Tiny Dick" is available in "regular outlets".

Cash out, enjoy the money you've got from all those people who wanted to get their hands on your "Tiny Dick" so badly that they told all of their friends on internet forums... some of whom thought that "Tiny" wasn't the right word.

15. Thrasher36 Apr 26, 2017

And Bobs your uncle

16. dialstatic Apr 26, 2017

I'd call my brand Trøl. It'd cash in on the rising popularity of pocket watches - only mine wouldn't be powered by any handwound movement, but by an actual troll. Now if I could only find one...

IMG_6692.JPG

argonbeam, STANDY, NT931 and 2 others like this.
  17. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 26, 2017

Everybody does the FOD walk downs. I believe you're seeing the grape's (fueler's) orange grounding wire in the second pic...which is not FOD. :thumbsup:

That's the only time I've ever seen that ZAP on the splash guards...so...you know...I had to get (and save) the pics for reference...which came in handy here. :D

18. Buster Apr 26, 2017

A sport watch named the Gladiator.
    A gold dress watch named the Buffett.
    An entry level stainless steel named the Collegiate.
    My watch company would be named "Epoch"

kostas123 likes this.
  19. kostas123 Apr 26, 2017

genius idea mate

20. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 2, 2017

I would call mine...

"Kim-Kardashian-and-the-harry-potter-frozen-pokemon-go-sudoku-healy-challenger"

I would save space for this to be printed on the dial by using the "&" instead of "and" and just to be in with a chance of appealing to the younger generation i may change one or two A's to 4's and there would be 99 and you "gotta have em all!"

they would come with free stickers and possibly unlock codes online for extra fun.

later i would release a series of anime episodes where the watches gave their hip young wearers powers.. they would all have blue hair and an unidentifiable pet creature with a disproportionately large head its name would be something like greetings-kitten but whatever that is in japanese. It would be the colour of no other biological animal and would positively emanate Kawaii

there would be special editions with glitter or lights released around about the time we celebrate santas Birthday and a "water-fun" waterproof version released during the summer holidays.. Not right at the beginning of the summer holiday but after the kids have had one or two warm enough days that they may have gone swimming already and forgot to take off their, Kim-Kardashian-and-the-harry-potter-frozen-pokemon-go-sudoku-healy-challenger" watches...

I have no idea what kinda movement would power them as long as they can be produced for less than the packaging cost. the packaging would be like the creature's head, disproportionately large, and possibly double up as a battle arena for the spinners released from the back of the watch

I would hope that the battery life was approximately 1 year but hopefully less depending on how often they were used..

the watch will be customisable (cases bezels straps buckles lights) but all acessories would be sold separately.. However there would also be "booster" & "starter" kits

although a lot of thought will have gone into the interchangeability of accessories sold separately the watch would be a sealed unit with absolutely no way to change the watches battery.

I think this is what i would like..