Forums Latest Members

If you lost or don't have the Omega Cards can they be replaced?

1. panaitchrono Aug 14, 2017

Hi

I love the Omega watches but over the time I purchase some watches without the cards. Can I go to a dealer and ask to emit other cards for the watches.

Thank you

2. ras47 Aug 14, 2017

I do not think they will or can re-issue the cards. I've never heard of it being done, and considering all the watches sold without those cards, at discounted prices, A lot of folks would have done this.

3. Shailor Aug 14, 2017

The cards are what allow them to sell at significantly higher prices and drive customers to their boutiques. Short answer, no.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 14, 2017

Odd I got cards at a dealer... Joma will ship all cards but the warranty card.

5. Shailor Aug 14, 2017

That's what I was referring to.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 14, 2017

Not sure what market you are in Ras but replacement warranty cards have been available in Europe for years, I got one a few months back. You used to be able to call with the serial number and pay ~£100 for a replacement but now they insist on the watch actually being seen and in some cases sent to Bienne i.e. They are making it harder. They will happily sell you a nice box in the UK too.

panaitchrono, ras47 and Foo2rama like this.
  7. ras47 Aug 15, 2017

Wow. I've never heard of this. Why don't more people take advantage of this? Folks take huge hits on resale prices when they don't have the cards. Maybe this service is not available in the U.S.? Everyone I talk to says no, Rolex will not replace a lost/stolen original warranty card.

However, if you send your Rolex into an RSC they will issue a new 2-year warranty card. It's not the original, but it's a warranty card.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2017

Omega will not issue a fully valid warranty card - that is only issued once for watches that have been sold. The details of what people are saying they can get are important to note...

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. sgrossma Aug 15, 2017

Never heard of anything like this. I've only heard of archive papers, but that is usually only for older watches.

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 15, 2017

Perhaps I should have specified that the replacement cards available in Europe certainly wouldn't give you warranty rights of any kind, they are just a piece of plastic adding weight to the authenticity of the watch or making a set complete. I doubt they would issue a replacement until the watch in question is out of warranty.

Archer likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2017

To be valid a warranty card must be dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official dealer (not from Swatch Group affiliates/local organizations or OMEGA HQ). Therefore, neither OMEGA HQ nor Swatch Group affiliates/local organizations are in a position to issue a valid replacement warranty card (duly filled in).

12. panaitchrono Aug 15, 2017

Thank you for all the answers..and I also have other question..over the time I bought watches which had the warranty card blank. All the cards with the serial numbers etc (Pictogram,Chronometer) were there but nothing written at the Jeweler..

13. José9 Aug 15, 2017

No.
    Omega sent me the wrong card with my DSOTM and it is -sorry for the term- a pain in the ass to correct it.
    I got someone else's card and now they are trying to contact the other person (which happens to be in China) to see if their watch corresponds to the card I got and vice-versa. I am waiting for two months. I even called them again this morning and they say they can't do anything before they see the other watch.

It really bothers me since I have an AR coating defect and a damaged strap (the Geneva boutique told me it was due to "water damage", which is funny since the most water the watch has seen is rain and me washing hands) and I can get neither of them replaced without the card.

I do not this this is a way to treat a costumer.

So no, they won't reissue a warranty card.