Forums Latest Members

If this Constellation is genuine, I'm genuinely tempted

1. flw history nerd Apr 12, 2015

Well, my fine friends here on the forum, take a look at eBay: http://m.ebay.com/itm/171751244368Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What say you? Let me know ... I would love a vintage Constellation like this.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2015

Yea its a real dial option on the C-Case the grey with white text, its not cheap but the grey dials seem a lot less common than silver and other colours and do look very nice, bracelet is also a plus as is the decent looking 564 movement.

3. flw history nerd Apr 12, 2015

Good to know! Thanks for the very prompt reply! Does the price look reasonable, in your opinion?

4. Sherbie Apr 12, 2015

For the UK, i dont think the price is that bad - make an offer and see what happens - you also get a nice bracelet, experienced seller (but i have never bought from him before though)

You can search c cased connies in brickks and mortar stores - and i guess these would be sold at up to £1000

Best of luck,paul

flw likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2015

Look its not cheap, but for the UK where prices tend to be higher, and for a grey dial with bracelet that's correct its not unreasonable if you really like it.

flw likes this.
  6. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Apr 12, 2015

A cushion case Connie... I like it. The BIN price I don't...

1969 was a great year, though, not only for that watch, but that's when my parents gave me my first watch, thus planting the seed...:cautious::)

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 12, 2015

Would the marks on the case back wave a flag for some?
    +1
    Bracelet would be the deal sealer for me.:)

8. flw history nerd Apr 12, 2015

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I always learn a lot from the forum - this is still a relatively new hobby for me and you all know much more than I do. Your generosity is appreciated!

I will think about it for a bit - if I bite I'll let you know, and pics will follow!